The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway grade leniency

I was offered a place at Royal Holloway (AAB for a psychology course), but my predicted is AAD ( the D in Maths, As in English and Psychology.) I've heard that unis are sometimes lenient with one grade, but how about two? I think I'm capable of doing okay in my English and Psychology exams, but I'm not sure about Maths at all.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Best way to approach this is to be positive and just do the very best you can in all subjects.
When your results come out, contact your university and let them know, and whether they would allow you to do your chosen subject with the grades you achieve.

If you're struggling with maths, see if there's any maths tutors around in your area that you can reach out to, to help boost your confidence up and not worry so much.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by vii.bibi
I was offered a place at Royal Holloway (AAB for a psychology course), but my predicted is AAD ( the D in Maths, As in English and Psychology.) I've heard that unis are sometimes lenient with one grade, but how about two? I think I'm capable of doing okay in my English and Psychology exams, but I'm not sure about Maths at all.

Hi I was predicted AAB and got BBD and they accepted me. It was my insurance choice as well and they were still lenient . Though I think it depends on how popular the course is.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I was predicted AAB and got BBD and they accepted me. It was my insurance choice as well and they were still lenient . Though I think it depends on how popular the course is.

Wow!! Royal Holloway is probably gonna be my insurance too and Nottingham my firm. Hopefully, they are as lenient as they were with you. May I ask which uni was your firm?
Original post by tiara1802
Wow!! Royal Holloway is probably gonna be my insurance too and Nottingham my firm. Hopefully, they are as lenient as they were with you. May I ask which uni was your firm?

Good luck! My firm was Warwick
Good luck! My firm was Warwick

What subject are you thinking of doing?
What subject are you thinking of doing?

I'm doing medical physiology at notts which I firmed and have an offer for psychology, clinical and cognitive neuroscience for my insurance (royal Holloway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending