Provisional license

Watch
Wayz3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Is it worth applying for a provisional license at 16, I turn 16 this may so less than a month but what do I get out of one if I’m not wanting to have a bike. I know it can be used as identification when buying scratch cards and other stuff but apart from that what can I do? Is it kept till 17 and can be used after passed theory then or would I need a new one?
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Wayz3)
Is it worth applying for a provisional license at 16, I turn 16 this may so less than a month but what do I get out of one if I’m not wanting to have a bike. I know it can be used as identification when buying scratch cards and other stuff but apart from that what can I do? Is it kept till 17 and can be used after passed theory then or would I need a new one?
They only need renewing every 10 years, so there's no harm in getting one now for some extra ID and getting it sorted in advance since it'll last until you're 26/until you pass your practical test. There's no real benefit beyond ID but still handy to have I guess
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Wayz3)
No you don't need to apply for another one. Your car entitlement will be on the reverse of the card.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (59)
73.75%
No (21)
26.25%

Watched Threads