Victoriawright
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi I have completed all the stages as a DWP work coach and just received dbs all my references have been completed. I’m wondering if
A. the job is for only 18 months do you think you may have opportunity to take a permanent contract and
B. As all these checks have been done do you just await to hear a position available I’m so frustrated and worried
KenGB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Victoriawright)
Hi I have completed all the stages as a DWP work coach and just received dbs all my references have been completed. I’m wondering if
A. the job is for only 18 months do you think you may have opportunity to take a permanent contract and
B. As all these checks have been done do you just await to hear a position available I’m so frustrated and worried
A) Even senior managers can't give you a direct answer. The DWP has recruited 1000s of new work coaches over 13,500. However, this is due to the current economic climate and with furlough soon ending they are no doubt expecting needing to help even more people back into work. So it depends how well the economy recovers and what demand/need there is for work coaches once the 18 months is up. It could be extended or could lead to something more permanent but don't count on it.

However, if your in. It does give you opportunity to apply for any internal civil service jobs that come up and support from line managers ect in writing or practice interview examples.

B) Sort answer is Yes. Even if you are put on the reserve list there is still a chance you may be offered a role. It's just a waiting game.
Last edited by KenGB; 3 weeks ago
K_uuu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey I just wanted to ask you, after the rtw what is the next process? Also how long did they take to check references ect ? A few weeks or longer ?
I mean how long does references, DBS ect take ?

Thanks
Victoriawright
Rep:
?
(Original post by K_uuu)
Hey I just wanted to ask you, after the rtw what is the next process? Also how long did they take to check references ect ? A few weeks or longer ?
I mean how long does references, DBS ect take ?

Thanks
Hi so my right to work interview with as last week and my references have been contacted already so not long I already have a dbs now so they just needed that number to link my details to.
K_uuu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi so my right to work interview with as last week and my references have been contacted already so not long I already have a dbs now so they just needed that number to link my details to.
Ok i see thanks for reply, I have to show RTW in vid interview day after Tommoro. I haven’t been asked for references yet, would I be asked after the vid interview? Do they contact references straight away also ?
Victoriawright
Rep:
?
(Original post by K_uuu)
Ok i see thanks for reply, I have to show RTW in vid interview day after Tommoro. I haven’t been asked for references yet, would I be asked after the vid interview? Do they contact references straight away also ?
Yes they will want to see all your paperwork that you sent to them originally and then they will send you a provisional offer subjects to checks on dbs, references and job availability
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (4)
16.67%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (14)
58.33%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (4)
16.67%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
4.17%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads