Think you have it hard?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Your life is nothing compared to mine. You're living in heaven, I'm living in hell.

I'm 26
No qualifications
No career
Can't drive
Living with parents
Overweight
Drink problem
No friends
No relationship
Depressed

The next time you moan about your life, consider mine, and you will not have to feel so bad about yourself. As people say, "There's always someone much worse off than yourself"
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Your life is nothing compared to mine. You're living in heaven, I'm living in hell.

I'm 26
No qualifications
No career
Can't drive
Living with parents
Overweight
Drink problem
No friends
No relationship
Depressed

The next time you moan about your life, consider mine, and you will not have to feel so bad about yourself. As people say, "There's always someone much worse off than yourself"
and you should think about the people who don't have parents who are fending for themselves trying day by day to survive.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago

I'm 26
No qualifications
No career
Can't drive
Living with parents
Overweight
Drink problem
No friends
No relationship
Depressed

All of those things are fixable. Stop moaning about it and do something to change your situation, there are people in much worse situations who don't have the power to change things. And don't assume other people are "living in heaven" either.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I'm 26
No qualifications
No career
Can't drive
Living with parents
Overweight
Drink problem
No friends
No relationship
Depressed

Your life looks quite good, actually. When I looked at the list, the first thing which struck me was how many of the things listed could be turned around.

The way forward for you personally will probably be dealing with your health problems, so I would suggest starting with Alcoholics Anonymous and a referral to the free WW Weight Loss scheme via your GP.

https://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/

https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/health-solutions
Last edited by Kerzen; 2 weeks ago
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And there's no doubt someone who has it worse than you, too. Your issues do not discredit other's struggles.

Whats your plan, what can you do to help your situation? Speaking to a professional about your mental health struggles and getting help for your drinking is a good start. They can help you figure out where to go from there.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
All of those things are fixable. Stop moaning about it and do something to change your situation, there are people in much worse situations who don't have the power to change things. And don't assume other people are "living in heaven" either.
Well, maybe I do not know the circumstances of other people, but I bet their life is much more sweeter than mine. Some people have it all, some people have nothing at all, and I am most certainly apart of the latter.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Well, maybe I do not know the circumstances of other people, but I bet their life is much more sweeter than mine. Some people have it all, some people have nothing at all, and I am most certainly apart of the latter.
this is litterally ridiculous. You should honestly go get a life. You're complaining yet you're not even trying.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why are you trying to make it a competition? I'm sorry you have it that way but there are people who have it worse. It isn't a flex :l
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
“We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell” couldn’t be a more suitable description of your situation.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Some people don’t even have parents, surely you don’t think you have it worse than everyone?
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago

I'm 26
No qualifications
No career
Can't drive
Living with parents
Overweight
Drink problem
No friends
No relationship
Depressed

These are all things you can actively change if you want to though. It's never too late to get qualifications, it's never too late to get into a career, there's always time to learn to drive, get some savings behind you so you can move out (I'd live with my parents forever because it's such an easier life ) I could go on. There are things on your list that could easily be fixed just by doing something small.

Rather than moan at others for moaning about their lives, think about how you can positively change yours. It doesn't have to be major things. Start small, like taking a walk in the morning to start your day.

My life isn't amazing, but I sure am grateful for what I do have but that is because I have worked hard for what I have. I made an effort with my aspirations and career goals and now it has paid off.

Life isn't a competition, everyone is on their own path.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yay! It's the suffering Olympics!
Anonymous #5
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Some people don’t even have parents, surely you don’t think you have it worse than everyone?
It's better to have no parents that have horrible ones like mine
A1exei
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I'm 26
No qualifications
No career
Can't drive
Living with parents
Overweight
Drink problem
No friends
No relationship
Depressed

You don’t have a serious illness or anything debilitating so you’ve got a lot of potential
the wise fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I'm 26
No qualifications
No career
Can't drive
Living with parents
Overweight
Drink problem
No friends
No relationship
Depressed

all those things that you have written there can be fixed and i mean every single one of them, there are people out their who have a disease that will be with be with them forever, people without parents or loved ones and people who have been put on death row, so please don't complain about your issues some people have worse things to deal with
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Yay! It's the suffering Olympics!
First past-the-post gets free pity, stack 'em up folks!
Anonymous #6
Report 2 weeks ago
Yayyy I bet all the kids with cancer, abuse victims, people in care homes, and the severely disabled are reading this post thinking themselves so lucky, their life looks so good compared to yours
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Would you like to know about the lives of a few of those who would gladly swap places with you?
If so, let me know.

I volunteer to support survivors of some of the most horrifying abuses and criminality in existance.
Many of whom are: terrified, destitute & friendless, in agonising pain, have relatives that want them dead, in very poor health, struggling to cope with life changing injuries and have no idea where their next meal will be coming from or where they will be spending the coming night.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
PRSOM.
the_pharaoh
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I'm 26
No qualifications
No career
Can't drive
Living with parents
Overweight
Drink problem
No friends
No relationship
Depressed

Never said I think I have it hard

Also all of this is possibly your fault I didn't workout hence ur overweight u didn't take care of ur studies hence u have no qualification or career everything is ur own fault

So instead of sitting on ur sorry ass get up and try to fix ur life
Last edited by the_pharaoh; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.17%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (37)
15.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.26%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.21%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.36%

Watched Threads