Will he take me back?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So me and my bf broke up after couple of months together. I have noticed that he randomly follows girls he doesn't know and I confronted him about that. He got upset and broke up with me as he said I don't trust him and he's not doing anything. Since then I apologised and begged him a lot to give me another chance. He did not want to give me a chance at all, I did a lot of begging and also went to his work place to talk to him which made him more upset. I know that's bad but I couldn't help it. Finally he agreed to meet up and talk, then he suggested that we take a month break to see if I have changed and he will decide if we need another chance. . I agreed to that as it seems fair. He told me that things won't be the same during our break and that he won't contact me mucm, I said OK. During our break, he has been contacting every day and we have been chatting good. Few days again, he told that it might be better that we stay friends as he likes it this way and he doesn't feel ready to be in relationship again. I was hurt as I thought he would give me a chance after our break, he was persistent with his decision and that is it. I asked him if you wants to be with other people he said that if he is ready then it would be with me and he doesn't want anyone at the moment. He suggested that we would meet up as friends soon and spend time together too . I went to panic mode and did all the begging in the world till I felt bad for myself, I begged him so much with a long message how I would change and how I would make him happy but his response was not to mess things up as he doesn't want to lose me and that he loves me. He seems like he really wanted to be in touch and wants the friendship. I asked him how long does he need to feel ready again, he said he doesn't know and told me not to have too much hope. I'm so confused coz why would he let me go if he is unsure about me. He calls me daily and we talk he always responds when I call too. My birthday is coming too and he said he already saving up for that. I joked and asked him if it is a ring and he said its too early for that. I do love him a lot and I do want him back. I do feel like he lost all the respect for me as I did beg him so many times and I feel embarrassed now. What shall I do? Do we have a chance?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What exactly is it that you’re asking?
He has already told you he doesn’t want to be in a relationship and basically told you Not to wait for him.

So you make a decision on whether you want to still be his friend or if you don’t.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The thing is, he's being very clear that he doesn't want a relationship, it sounds like.
It also sounds like he's being a bit manipulative, saying he won't contact you and then messaging every day, and continually stringing you along and making you beg for his attention basically. Is this someone you really want to be in a relationship with?
ksdot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
The thing is, he's being very clear that he doesn't want a relationship, it sounds like.
It also sounds like he's being a bit manipulative, saying he won't contact you and then messaging every day, and continually stringing you along and making you beg for his attention basically. Is this someone you really want to be in a relationship with?
I agree with this completely. I don't think he's treating you very well by being manipulative like this either.
I think you need to make a call as to what's best for you. Do you really need to have someone in your life who makes you beg for them and feel bad about yourself? Do you need that negative energy essentially? Can you cut them off/gradually decrease how much time you spend on them? Focus on yourself instead? etc
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So, you begged and harassed him for months about getting back together, but now are considering rejecting a relationship? Your poor ex. Quit with the mind games.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Doesn't sound like he wants to right now, and if I were you I would stop begging, it's self degrading and desperate. :yep: Take more pride in yourself and use this time to begin working on how you'd live life if you were just friends, it seems like the most likely outcome.
Last edited by V℮rsions; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
Doesn't sound like he wants to right now, and if I were you I would stop begging, it's self degrading and desperate. :yep: Take more pride in yourself and use this time to begin working on how you'd live life if you were just friends, it seems like the most likely outcome.
Thank you, I have stopped with the begging now. Its just that he said he doesn't want to lose me and that he said he loves me so I feel bad rejecting to be his friend. The only reason I agreed to being friends is that I hope that one day we will get back together. Is there any chance for that? Or I might be wasting my time?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I think you're wasting your time.
Sounds like you can do much better for yourself. Don't lose your self worth/respect and pride over him regardless of what he says
He doesn't seem very honest if he's saying one thing and doing another
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (114)
14.29%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (85)
10.65%
Changed course offer (35)
4.39%
Clearing (58)
7.27%
Conditional offer (11)
1.38%
Deferral (33)
4.14%
Ucas Extra (92)
11.53%
First Generation or First in Family (25)
3.13%
Point of Entry (56)
7.02%
Self-release (116)
14.54%
Tariff Point (64)
8.02%
Unconditional offer (11)
1.38%
Withdrawal (23)
2.88%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (69)
8.65%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (6)
0.75%

Watched Threads