The Student Room Group

i really want to be THAT girl at school...

who has perfect skin
pretty
great grades
stable friendship group
goes out a lot
has a good relationship with friends
everyone likes

bruh i'm the complete opposite.
I always thought ‘those’ girls are actually the most insecure.
And those same girls lives suck, soooo
Ughh i'd love to be that type of girl.. sounds like a dream 😫
That girl doesn't exist. Thanks to social media anyone can make it seem like they're living a perfect life whereas in reality few (veering more to the side of none) people have a "perfect life". Don't compare yourself with other people or feel jealous about their lives, you never know what a person is really thinking/going through and reality usually isn't exactly how it seems.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
So, get a skin care routine.
Work on your style.
Study harder.
Be a pleasant person and attract other pleasant people.
Make plans.
Dont involve yourself in drama or gossip.

All of those are achievable.
Original post by harlz_chalamet
who has perfect skin
pretty
great grades
stable friendship group
goes out a lot
everyone likes

All of these are within your power to do

Also I can assure you I've never seen a girl with all of these
I guess we can't fix those things tho, you sound pretty confident and I bet you are a really cool person, there are quite a few people like what you described who I know, and most people hate them for being that way, jealousy and all. I'd much rather be myself lol.
Original post by 5hyl33n
I always thought ‘those’ girls are actually the most insecure.

this is usually true.

having so much at a surface level rarely equates to them having it all deep down. they might be going through awful things, same as everyone else.

plus, they're often liked for who they pretend to be.

OP, do you find that these kinds of girls are nicer in person than they are in big groups?
(edited 3 years ago)
because i feel like i have done something wrong/ i feel like i am the problem if i am disliked by some people ://
Original post by parmezanne
this is usually true.

having so much at a surface level rarely equates to them having it all deep down. they might be going through awful things, same as everyone else.

plus, they're often liked for who they pretend to be.

OP, do you find that these kinds of girls are nicer in person than they are in big groups?

10000000% nicer in person... but i have actually only ever met 1 girl who is actually like this. she's so unproblematic and everyone is neutral with her and she's so extremely clever too. i am proud of her as i am friends with her, but i kinda wish i was the same way :/
Reply 11
because i feel like i have done something wrong/ i feel like i am the problem if i am disliked by some people ://

Do you like absolutely every single person you have ever met? Of course you don't, so why do you everyone will like you? That is unachievable. Actually, most of what you listed has nothing to do with being a person who is attractive; you don't need any of the things in your list to be a lovely, caring person and you've put the shallow features at the top. Being pretty doesn't make anyone a particularly nice character; you can be pretty and have friends, but still be a *****. Think Mean Girls...
Fun fact - those girls fail straight after school and probably become single teen mums.
who has perfect skin
pretty
great grades
stable friendship group
goes out a lot
everyone likes

Actually girls like that have the worst lives. Almost everyone expects them to be perfect all the time. I know a girl who is almost everything on that list (though she's really fake and no one fr likes her) and she cuts herself and is really depressed and insecure.
(edited 3 years ago)
The single best thing you can do to solve these insecurities- is accept yourself. Its not an easy thing to do but try and stop caring about certain things. What I am going to say is:

- no one has perfect skin and if you dont so what. I'd much rather be funny than have perfect skin.
-good grades does not define you and is not a measure of how intelligent you are. You can get amazing grades if you really want but generally a lot of people just get the grades they need in order to get to where they want to be. You don't need amazing grades or even good ones to do well in life.
-stable friendship groups can happen although in my experience, it does not happen in secondary school.
-you can go out as much as you like, no ones stopping you.
-you can have good relationships with your friends. You just have to pick good friends and make an effort.
-no one is liked by everyone. There is always a select few people who are going to be off with you. Just avoid those kind of people and find people who do like you.

Also those kinds of girls generally only appear like this on the surface. I had girls who appeared like this at secondary and then when we got to college they started to do coke in the bathroom at college *not joking*, getting bad grades, losing friends and became disliked. Obviously, that doesn't happen to everyone but cracks generally start to show as no one is perfect and no one can even pretend to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending