$hea
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So the A levels "unseen" materials are a question bank of past papers (right? let me know) and the IAL "unseen" materials are actually the paper that was supposed to be sat in the actual exam?! Also, we don't have any pre-assessments material guides or whatever that just got released to the A - level students... (correct me if I'm wrong, do we get guides too?!) how is this fair to us?!! Like we are no different to the A level students and we just get very vague answers from Pearson like "your centre will decide"
PS: This is for the Edexcel IAL students But anyone can answer.
Let me know if I got this all wrong...
Kenny828
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
How do you know IAL exam is not going to use questions from past papers?
$hea
Rep:
(Original post by Kenny828)
How do you know IAL exam is not going to use questions from past papers?
Because there is a section in the Edexcel website that says "June 2021" under the past paper section and to my knowledge, they haven't given us any information on what our "unseen" materials or papers will look like.
Kenny828
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by $hea)
Because there is a section in the Edexcel website that says "June 2021" under the past paper section and to my knowledge, they haven't given us any information on what our "unseen" materials or papers will look like.
can you show me where it is?
$hea
Rep:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...Exam-materials

I think you can see it through this... there's a June 2021 tab
$hea
Rep:
There is also a tweet from Edexcel confirming this

https://twitter.com/PearsonEdexcel/s...98447647186947
Last edited by $hea; 1 year ago
Aloe Striata
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by $hea)
So the A levels "unseen" materials are a question bank of past papers (right? let me know) and the IAL "unseen" materials are actually the paper that was supposed to be sat in the actual exam?! Also, we don't have any pre-assessments material guides or whatever that just got released to the A - level students... (correct me if I'm wrong, do we get guides too?!) how is this fair to us?!! Like we are no different to the A level students and we just get very vague answers from Pearson like "your centre will decide"
PS: This is for the Edexcel IAL students But anyone can answer.
Let me know if I got this all wrong...
I completely agree with this! And they have access to the papers so that does put them at an advantage. Their logic about releasing exam materials to students was that if they get leaked, the students doing the exams later will be unfairly advantaged. That applies to IAL too! The people who will manage to find these exams somewhere will do better than others.
$hea
Rep:
(Original post by Aloe Striata)
I completely agree with this! And they have access to the papers so that does put them at an advantage. Their logic about releasing exam materials to students was that if they get leaked, the students doing the exams later will be unfairly advantaged. That applies to IAL too! The people who will manage to find these exams somewhere will do better than others.
Exactly glad I am not alone on this. The system is so bad this year and pressure is all on us and no one to help us even though they say "we support the students" like where... I'm still searching :mad:
Last edited by $hea; 1 year ago
YeenCHANted
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi I’m doing IAL too
I too feel this is so unfair...
The exam is early by a month and u know in Hong Kong they emailed us only one week before the start of the whole IAL exam...
I think i screwed IAL up completely lol and my uni offers are gone........
YeenCHANted
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Kinda doubt that they r just playing us so that we resit and they can charge more money LOL.
$hea
Rep:
(Original post by YeenCHANted)
Hi I’m doing IAL too
I too feel this is so unfair...
The exam is early by a month and u know in Hong Kong they emailed us only one week before the start of the whole IAL exam...
I think i screwed IAL up completely lol and my uni offers are gone........
IKR! Same here I got told only a week or two before these unseens. Like do they not know we can't learn 3 or more A levels in one week?!
$hea
Rep:
Kinda doubt that they r just playing us so that we resit and they can charge more money LOL.
LOL true. But still is very terrible for them to do that to us
YeenCHANted
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by $hea)
IKR! Same here I got told only a week or two before these unseens. Like do they not know we can't learn 3 or more A levels in one week?!
Welllllll they r not the ones who r taking the exam so they don’t care :’)
I just don’t understand their logic... why will it be a month earlier instead of postponing it for a month ....
$hea
Rep:
Welllllll they r not the ones who r taking the exam so they don’t care :’)
I just don’t understand their logic... why will it be a month earlier instead of postponing it for a month ....
Exactly 'it's our problem'.
I don't understand either... they cancelled the exams to give us the exams last min and a month earlier. We are also going up against students that have it easy and maybe students who have it harder than us.
sgac
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Studnets have to prepare for exams on such short notice and many schools have insufficient teaching time.

However,only the international exams are conducted as scheduled, which is really unfair to international students. According to the data, those IB , GCSE, GCE-Alevel students who were assessed by their school, most of them have received unusually high scores.

What are your thoughts on this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads