Do you think playing sports helps people work better as a team at work?

Watch
SaraKelly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Nobody2u
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SaraKelly)
Depends on the people participating and the sport being played. If the group is in general competitive, and the sport involved requires hand eye coordination or similar moteur skills, the employee who finds this difficult,and doesn't have a strong character will be marginalised and just the target of further mockery and jibes. (Of course it could give an opportunity for a reserved character to shine) If on the other hand there is already a good level of group cohesion, things can only be better afterwards. Imo there can be no one correct reply to your question, but generally sport tends to magnify traits that are pre existant in group situations.
Last edited by Nobody2u; 3 weeks ago
barnet1471
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am not sure about it helping team work, but I think it helps health, which can only be a good thing.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no, I believe they're two different states of mind and drives of reward- formal teamwork needs to be much more strategized and less improvised to be successful, while in sport you'll be improvising more than having methodology in many cases.

However man I have no actual idea from an educated point of view regarding psychology, have people tested this? I'm sure they have by now right.
the_cosmo_guy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it depends whether it is a team sport or not
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SaraKelly)
I think that we can't generalize it for all people who are playing in team sports. Being a teamplayer in sports does not mean being a teamplayer at work. Sports and work are different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (12)
11.54%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (67)
64.42%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
13.46%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
8.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
1.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise