Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So, I'm turning 18 soon and am eligible for braces under the NHS. My teeth aren't too bad but I would like to have them all straight. My only problem is, I don't like the way they will look. I have A level summer, Prom, freshers etc this year and don't really want to be in all the pictures with braces yk?

But at the same time I want straight teeth + would have to get the braces on soon otherwise it won't be free

They would have to take some teeth out so I'll probably have a few gaps when i'm at prom etc. Idk I don't like the idea of that.
Should I just get them now anyway? How do I get over the idea of looking weird/not ideal in photos etc?
Yazomi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So, I'm turning 18 soon and am eligible for braces under the NHS. My teeth aren't too bad but I would like to have them all straight. My only problem is, I don't like the way they will look. I have A level summer, Prom, freshers etc this year and don't really want to be in all the pictures with braces yk?

But at the same time I want straight teeth + would have to get the braces on soon otherwise it won't be free

They would have to take some teeth out so I'll probably have a few gaps when i'm at prom etc. Idk I don't like the idea of that.
Should I just get them now anyway? How do I get over the idea of looking weird/not ideal in photos etc?
Maybe do it and smile with your mouth closed?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Yazomi)
Maybe do it and smile with your mouth closed?
I could yah, but Idk it still feels weird. Like doesn't braces push against the inside of your lips making them push out a bit ahah??
Idk, i think i should stop overthinking it and just get it but urghhhh
Yazomi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I could yah, but Idk it still feels weird. Like doesn't braces push against the inside of your lips making them push out a bit ahah??
Hmm I’m not sure but personally that didn’t happen or at least not that much that it becomes noticeable if that helps
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

you're getting your braces, really late....
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I couldn't see a difference in my face or lips when I got braces
It should be fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
you're getting your braces, really late....
I know!!!! That's the other thing that bugs me!
My mum didn't take me to the dentist for yearsss so I never got told I needed them. Also I was very insecure as a kid and didn't want them, but in hindsight it would have been better oops.
Tbf my best friend has braces rn and got them in December so I wouldn't be alone but idk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads