Programming coursework for uni

Watch
student1217
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m proper confused about my coursework for university is there anyone that can help? Basically everyone on my module is confused too and i’m not tryna ask my module leader this close to the deadline.
stem_leader
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can you not ask your peer students on the course?

Alternatively people here may help, but it requires more info than your comment provided.
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by student1217)
I’m proper confused about my coursework for university is there anyone that can help? Basically everyone on my module is confused too and i’m not tryna ask my module leader this close to the deadline.
Hi there!

I understand it can be confusing and stressful when you are completing a coursework and even harder when everyone else on the module is confused too. However I would suggest, contacting the module leader as they are there to help you, even right before the deadline. I have contacted a module leader near the deadline and they have been more than happy to help. So I would really suggest seeing if they could advise you, there's no harm done

When is the deadline may I ask? You may be able to apply to extend the deadline if possible, however I think contacting the module leader is probably the better option.

I hope this helps

Becca
student1217
Rep:
?
(Original post by stem_leader)
Can you not ask your peer students on the course?

Alternatively people here may help, but it requires more info than your comment provided.
Ive tried asking them but the ones who do reply arent too sure either and its got to do with programming my bad i should’ve mentioned that
stem_leader
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ive tried asking them but the ones who do reply arent too sure either and its got to do with programming my bad i should’ve mentioned that
This sounds like you should ask the lecturer/tutor who gave you the assignment to clarify. Academics typically have a response time commitment so they should get back to you soon (within a day or two usually).

I asked about the problem because if you read my profile or username you might see that I can program and do so professionally... I won't give you answers, but I could certainly read a problem and probably clarify it. However you should be asking whomever assigned the coursework due to the fact that they have the marking rubric and knowledge of what they're looking for... so even if I gave advice, you would still do better contacting the lecturer/tutor to ensure that you know what they expect as honestly... doing coursework to their expectations is a lot better than producing a perfect solution for a problem that wasn't posed by their question.
student1217
Rep:
?
(Original post by stem_leader)
This sounds like you should ask the lecturer/tutor who gave you the assignment to clarify. Academics typically have a response time commitment so they should get back to you soon (within a day or two usually).

I asked about the problem because if you read my profile or username you might see that I can program and do so professionally... I won't give you answers, but I could certainly read a problem and probably clarify it. However you should be asking whomever assigned the coursework due to the fact that they have the marking rubric and knowledge of what they're looking for... so even if I gave advice, you would still do better contacting the lecturer/tutor to ensure that you know what they expect as honestly... doing coursework to their expectations is a lot better than producing a perfect solution for a problem that wasn't posed by their question.
Yeah youre right i’ll ask my tutors. I’ve tried watching youtube videos re-watching my lectures but i dont seem to understand it. My lecturers have been pretty much useless for this module this year. It’s all been online and been so messy. Anyway thanks for your help i’ll try asking my tutor and hopefully get some feedback.
student1217
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep)
Hi there!

I understand it can be confusing and stressful when you are completing a coursework and even harder when everyone else on the module is confused too. However I would suggest, contacting the module leader as they are there to help you, even right before the deadline. I have contacted a module leader near the deadline and they have been more than happy to help. So I would really suggest seeing if they could advise you, there's no harm done

When is the deadline may I ask? You may be able to apply to extend the deadline if possible, however I think contacting the module leader is probably the better option.

I hope this helps

Becca
Thanks for your reply Becca! My deadline is on the 26th April and my lecturers for programming this year have been awful. Pretty much everything i know is self taught. I’ll try ask them but i doubt they’d be any help. Worth a try though!
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for your reply Becca! My deadline is on the 26th April and my lecturers for programming this year have been awful. Pretty much everything i know is self taught. I’ll try ask them but i doubt they’d be any help. Worth a try though!
That's ok!

It's definitely worth a try... keep me updated with how you get on

Becca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.39%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
64.94%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.3%

Watched Threads