The Student Room Group

Lizzo

I don’t mean to offend anyone by this question but is she healthy??
(she is definitely overweight if not obese)

Scroll to see replies

I don’t think anyone on here is her doctor so would not be able to answer that question.

Why does it matter to you?
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
I don’t think anyone on here is her doctor so would not be able to answer that question.

Why does it matter to you?

The above is a good point

I’ve seen so much hate for people saying that we should know her for her music instead of her weight and self love bc she seems overweight...

I guess I believe that if she’s healthy then she should clear all the rumours once and for all.
If she’s not healthy, she should stop (idk if she realises that she is) promoting being overweight.
why are you asking us? only she knows. maybe she’s eating healthy in private
Reply 4
Original post by __Username
I don’t mean to offend anyone by this question but is she healthy??
(she is definitely overweight if not obese)

was definitely obese in the last music video i saw her in but im ngl she does make some catchy tunes lol
Reply 5
Original post by Moonlight rain
why are you asking us? only she knows. maybe she’s eating healthy in private

Bc I only listen to her music but I thought people who follow her on social media etc may know 🤷*♀️

Also she may well not know (unless she’s spoken to her doctor abt this)

I’ve seen so much hate for people saying that we should know her for her music instead of her weight and self love bc she seems overweight...

I guess I believe that if she’s healthy then she should clear all the rumours once and for all.
If she’s not healthy, she should stop (idk if she realises that she is) promoting being overweight.

And will you be saying the same to Jack Black or any underweight actors/actresses?

She’s a singer. End of.
Reply 7
Have I missed something? Who the hell is Lizzo?
Original post by E I O N
Have I missed something? Who the hell is Lizzo?

Famous singer
Reply 9
And will you be saying the same to Jack Black or any underweight actors/actresses?

She’s a singer. End of.

I also believe that the only thing she should be known for is her amazing music.

Are jack black or any underweight actors/actresses constantly talked abt due to their weight rn?
Reply 10
Original post by ScoutLeopard
Famous singer

I have never heard of her. :confused:
I also believe that the only thing she should be known for is her amazing music.

Are jack black or any underweight actors/actresses constantly talked abt due to their weight rn?

Exactly.
So why are you saying that Lizzo should go to a doctor and tell the world if she’s healthy or not??

Why are you talking about her weight at all?
Reply 13

Evidently, I am yet to discover her. Is she any good?
Why would you make a thread about a singer being obese lol. A lot of them are and I wouldn't be surprised.
Reply 15
Exactly.
So why are you saying that Lizzo should go to a doctor and tell the world if she’s healthy or not??

Why are you talking about her weight at all?

Bc it’s a rather topical issue...

Considering how commonplace obesity is, I think clearing up this mystery would benefit many people (some people interpret all of the talk abt her embracing her weight as being told that it’s ok to be overweight/obese)....

sorry if my second point isn’t clear
Original post by E I O N
Evidently, I am yet to discover her. Is she any good?

Yeah, she's decent. I listen to more punk/rock/metal music so I don't listen to her music too often but she's pretty good.
Bc I only listen to her music but I thought people who follow her on social media etc may know 🤷*♀️

Also she may well not know (unless she’s spoken to her doctor abt this)

I think you should mind your own business
Reply 18
Original post by Moonlight rain
I think you should mind your own business

Ok...

In case my opinion isn’t clear, I’m all for body positivity.
But, I think that it can be taken by some people that (idk if she’s aware of this or not) she is promoting being overweight/obese...
Reply 19

Whether she's healthy or not doesnt matter. Her weight puts her at risk for many conditions even if she's not currently dealing with such issues, and isnt something that should be promoted in the way that it is with her. Being overweight is one thing, being raised on a pedestal because of being overweight is another. You cant say a single bad thing about Lizzo on social media without being 'cancelled' even if the criticism has nothing to do with her weight.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest