The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Uni Application

I have accepted my offer for M.Sc - Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Management at Loughborough University. Can you someone shed some light on the COVID-19 situation at UK at the moment? Do you recommend me to defer my offer to the next academic year or is it better to proceed with my current decision? Will the modules be offline by the time my course commences (which is October 2021)?
Original post by SumeshPradeep
I have accepted my offer for M.Sc - Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Management at Loughborough University. Can you someone shed some light on the COVID-19 situation at UK at the moment? Do you recommend me to defer my offer to the next academic year or is it better to proceed with my current decision? Will the modules be offline by the time my course commences (which is October 2021)?

Hi @SumeshPradeep

It's great that you will be studying at Loughborough!

I will send you a private message to discuss this :smile:

All the best,
-Dan
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

The situation is getting better, it averages 2300 cases a day and around 50% of the population are vaccinated (first dose). But you can’t really tell for sure. I’m starting uni this year as well and I worry the same, but in my case I can’t postpone another year. If the situation continues to improve (hopefully, let’s not jinx it), the life should be fairly back to normal by October, with at least some face to face teaching. But one thing I learned with that pandemic is to not get overly happy too soon cause nothing can be promised. If I was able to take a year off without any bigger issues or effect on me, I’d probably do it but itt’s not to say things can’t be better by October.
Thank you @bethanny_g. My plan to join Uni was postponed already by an year and I’m trying to find every reason to not postpone it again. The situation is promising and like you said, not jinxing it, I am pretty hopeful of things getting better by the time my course commences. Are you joining L’boro too?
Thank you @bethanny_g. My plan to join Uni was postponed already by an year and I’m trying to find every reason to not postpone it again. The situation is promising and like you said, not jinxing it, I am pretty hopeful of things getting better by the time my course commences. Are you joining L’boro too?

Fingers crossed! And no, I'm a Scottish undergrad student, hoping to firm Aberdeen and insure Dundee X
That’s nice. Good luck to you and yes: fingers crossed indeed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending