Is the way I wear my school uniform normal?

Watch
Ggggg tredadid
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m in Y9 now and I really want to know if I should change my appearance. I wear an untucked shirt , black school shoes, clip on tie, black trousers and when cold my blazer. Is this tacky and messy or normal? Most in my school wear like me, I just want to know if this is normal and fine for now and later years or I should change and tuck my shirt in.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
This is normal
Ggggg tredadid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is normal
Did you wear your uniform like me? Do you recommend I change for Y10 and 11?
chelsea.uri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ggggg tredadid)
I’m in Y9 now and I really want to know if I should change my appearance. I wear an untucked shirt , black school shoes, clip on tie, black trousers and when cold my blazer. Is this tacky and messy or normal? Most in my school wear like me, I just want to know if this is normal and fine for now and later years or I should change and tuck my shirt in.
Tuck your shirt in to look professional. You’re in a school environment. Uniform isn’t made to look cool it’s made to make everyone look the same. As harsh as it sounds it’s the reality tbh. Respectfully x
Ggggg tredadid
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
Tuck your shirt in to look professional. You’re in a school environment. Uniform isn’t made to look cool it’s made to make everyone look the same. As harsh as it sounds it’s the reality tbh. Respectfully x
How did you wear your uniform and should I change my habits now or later?
chelsea.uri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How did you wear your uniform and should I change my habits now or later?
I wear it with my shirt tucked in, shoes tied properly, hair natural etc. My school is Catholic and quite strict. I’m not even allowed big earrings or my skirt last my knees but I roll it sometimes anyway.
Change your habits now and don’t follow the crowd. It depends on your school and how strict they are though.
Cheesecake04
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Personally I would tuck in your shirt as it looks neater and tends to also look better and more presentable. You also are wearing a uniform so it should always look smart and professional ( no matter what ‘the majority ‘ are doing ) - it was designed that way for a reason and you only have a few more years left.
Last edited by Cheesecake04; 3 weeks ago
Ggggg tredadid
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
I wear it with my shirt tucked in, shoes tied properly, hair natural etc. My school is Catholic and quite strict. I’m not even allowed big earrings or my skirt last my knees but I roll it sometimes anyway.
Change your habits now and don’t follow the crowd. It depends on your school and how strict they are though.
My school is not very strict and about half of the boys in my school wear it untucked. Should this mean I wear it tucked in ?
Cheesecake04
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My school is not very strict and about half of the boys in my school wear it untucked. Should this mean I wear it tucked in ?
Yes ! It doesn’t matter what the others are doing. You are representing yourself , not the collective or them.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You've made this thread before, on another account. We discussed your messy shirt and how you should tuck it in :nothing:
Ggggg tredadid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cheesecake04)
Personally I would tuck in your shirt as it looks neater and tends to also look better and more presentable. You also are wearing a uniform so it should always look smart and professional ( no matter what ‘the majority ‘ are doing ) - it was designed that way for a reason and you only have a few more years left.
Do I start wearing it neater now or when I join y10 or 11
spanker
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wear it how it's comfortable, nobody cares.
Ggggg tredadid
Rep:
?
Yes ! It doesn’t matter what the others are doing. You are representing yourself , not the collective or them.
Ok will do . Now or in y10 and how do the boys in your school wear there uniform . Do you get detentions. My school ain’t that strict they’ve only given me around 5 detentions this year for messy uniform
Ggggg tredadid
Rep:
?
(Original post by spanker)
Wear it how it's comfortable, nobody cares.
I want to know if it’s normal , if I should change my habits now or later or keep it the same.
Cheesecake04
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok will do . Now or in y10 and how do the boys in your school wear there uniform . Do you get detentions. My school ain’t that strict they’ve only given me around 5 detentions this year for messy uniform
I would start as soon as possible and to be honest a 50/50 split and you don’t get detentions but mistermeaners and if you get 3 of these - basically warnings - then you get a detention.
Ggggg tredadid
Rep:
?
I would start as soon as possible and to be honest a 50/50 split and you don’t get detentions but mistermeaners and if you get 3 of these - basically warnings - then you get a detention.
Ok have you ever been given a det for messy uniform? Do you think boys that wear an untucked shirt look scruffy and silly?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
pic??
spanker
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I want to know if it’s normal , if I should change my habits now or later or keep it the same.
I don't get the point in a "smart" uniform it does nothing for you academically. I understand why there is the need for uniform but there's no point wearing it uncomfortably.

Nobody is going to see it /nor care about it unless you're away on school trips representing the school - then tuck it in.
Cheesecake04
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok have you ever been given a det for messy uniform? Do you think boys that wear an untucked shirt look scruffy and silly?
Personally I do when its in school but at break time and lunches when playing football or relaxing etc it’s more acceptable and not always ... and nope , personally I haven’t .
Ggggg tredadid
Rep:
?
(Original post by spanker)
I don't get the point in a "smart" uniform it does nothing for you academically. I understand why there is the need for uniform but there's no point wearing it uncomfortably.

Nobody is going to see it /nor care about it unless you're away on school trips representing the school - then tuck it in.
How do you and the majority of your school wear their shirt. And thanks for answering. Should I keep it untucked then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (98)
72.06%
No (38)
27.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed