If you could give 1 piece of advice to yourself 3 years ago, what would it be?

Watch
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Well, title kind of says it all. You’ve been given a time machine set to the same time and place you were at 3 years ago.

You have enough time to give one message to yourself, what is it?

Inb4 lottery numbers...
CaitTopaz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Keep going, it'll be worth it I promise.
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
be kind.
CrystalRose17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do your best at everything you do ,remember Hard work is the key to success .
M1chiko
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Be honest about how you feel, don’t keep everything in. - but saying this is a bit ironic considering the fact that I am who I am today because I was able to grow out of that
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wake up, smell the criminal hate campaign and get moving (before the violence is targeted at the person you most care about).
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie wipe the seatie.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Well, title kind of says it all. You’ve been given a time machine set to the same time and place you were at 3 years ago.

You have enough time to give one message to yourself, what is it?

Inb4 lottery numbers...

I’m proud of my mindset 3 years ago to be very honest, if anything, the advice I would have told myself is to not work too hard - work on trying to not to be a perfectionist, and spend more time on hobbies.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd tell myself to go for it :sly:
alicelilley
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You don't need a nose job your "friends" are just jealous bc they're the ones with massive noses
username5718371
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Enjoy the first year of college then bounce. You do not know what to study so your better off working for a few years until you figure out your life plan.
Amin7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Make the most of the moment you are living cause when it goes, it goes.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't accept the job. It will show you what you really want to do in life, but you know that anyway, and you will just spend a long time feeling miserable.
Last edited by black tea; 3 weeks ago
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't date that guy, you're gay and just want to be his friend - the trouble I could have saved myself knowing that in 2018 :lol:
atiqmassan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Whatever you do, give it the best. Little but quality time. Learn everything you can especiallt languages. Dont take CraP from anyone especially distant family members and siblings and be ruthless. Make friends from everywhere in the world. Dont be afraid of life and attempt everything. Learn guitar and music and PHOTOGRAPHY. Live a life and do whatever your heart what it wants. NOTHING is more important that peace of heart. Never lie or do anything wrong ever as it comes back to you. Spend as much as you can to have a good life, you wont take your earning with you to grave, except buy a small house asap. Take care of yourself and brush twice daily. Drink lot of water (avg glass every hour) as if life depends on it. Read on everything you see. Learn cooking and how to make people laugh. Help people but only due to compassion when they are helpless... and move on without looking back. People will come and go, only leave marks on your soul OR sweet memories. Make sure that you never have any regrets. Reach out to old friends rven in it means killing ego. Keep smiling, talk softly but carry a BIG stick.Last but not least....
Last edited by atiqmassan; 2 weeks ago
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ask my husband if he was having an affair. That way I might have had only 11 years of him cheating on me instead of 14 - and I wouldn't have changed jobs in a desperate attempt to make things work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (6)
9.23%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (48)
73.85%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (7)
10.77%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (3)
4.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed