Anime - recommendations

Watch
M1chiko
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hellooooooo, since I watch anime, I’ve decided to post some recommendations with a very brief description of each, & pls don’t let the descriptions stop you from watching at least the 1st episode:

- Erased 12 eps(supernatural/mystery): mc goes back in time to his middle school days to solve the murder of his mom & classmates
- Another 12 eps (horror/thriller): mc goes back to his old town & finds out that there’s a strange “tradition “that the class he’s in performs
- Classroom of the elite (psychological): mc attends this highschool where there’s a hierarchy, and he’s in the lowest one (I don’t wanna say much cause it’ll give away)
- Charlotte 13 eps (supernatural): only a few teenagers are born with special abilities, mc gets caught & then attends a special school where he becomes part of an important plan
- Assassination Classroom 2seasons 22eps/25eps (action/comedy/supernatural): kids were put in the lowest class, and they have the mission to kill their teacher before their graduation
Last edited by M1chiko; 1 month ago
imsleepingmate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tenk you (:
Unknownx12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by M1chiko)
Hellooooooo, since I watch anime, I’ve decided to post some recommendations with a very brief description of each, & pls don’t let the descriptions stop you from watching at least the 1st episode:

- Erased 12 eps(supernatural/mystery): mc goes back in time to his middle school days to solve the murder of his mom & classmates
- Another 12 eps (horror/thriller): mc goes back to his old town & finds out that there’s a strange “tradition “that the class he’s in performs
- Classroom of the elite (psychological): mc attends this highschool where there’s a hierarchy, and he’s in the lowest one (I don’t wanna say much cause it’ll give away)
- Charlotte 13 eps (supernatural): only a few teenagers are born with special abilities, mc gets caught & then attends a special school where he becomes part of an important plan
- Assassination Classroom 2seasons 22eps/25eps (action/comedy/supernatural): kids were put in the lowest class, and they have the mission to kill their teacher before their graduation
All sound so interesting. Thank you!
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

All fun series, you have good taste. :yy:

[EDIT] I see the list in the OP has been edited out - want me to remove it from my quote, as well? :confused:
Last edited by AngryJellyfish; 1 month ago
M1chiko
Rep:
?
(Original post by m1chiko)
hellooooooo, since i watch anime, i’ve decided to post some recommendations with a very brief description of each,
ermmm yall i deleted it by accident but you’ll be able to see it on the comments bellow😭😭😭😭
M1chiko
Rep:
?
(Original post by angryjellyfish)
all fun series, you have good taste. :yy:

[edit] i see the list in the op has been edited out - want me to remove it from my quote, as well?
nooo i deleted by accident😭😭😭😭 idk how
imsleepingmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nooo i deleted by accident😭😭😭😭 idk how
just copy and paste it back in (:
M1chiko
Rep:
?
(Original post by imsleepingmate)
I did and it’s still not saving it😭😭
M1chiko
Rep:
?
(Original post by imsleepingmate)
I had to go to the actual website🥲
imsleepingmate
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did and it’s still not saving it😭😭
maybe try adding a new quote in, if not i'm sure the audience can read the replied posts
M1chiko
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
All fun series, you have good taste. :yy:

[EDIT] I see the list in the OP has been edited out - want me to remove it from my quote, as well? :confused:
as someone that has been watching for practically their whole life you ought to have good taste😌🤌🏽
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
as someone that has been watching for practically their whole life you ought to have good taste😌🤌🏽
Better than when I first started watching and would pick up any old rubbish, at least.
M1chiko
Rep:
?

Oh I also recommend downloading: MyAniList, it helps you keep track of animes you’ve watched or want to watch, it even says the amount of episodes it has, with ratings and it even shows animes that are popular etc
wokirow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hellooooooo, since I watch anime, I’ve decided to post some recommendations with a very brief description of each,
EDIT- I JUST REALISED OP WASN'T ASKING FOR ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS AFTER POSTING THIS BUT IDC, THIS IS A GOOD LIST, ANYONE READING IT BETTER PAY ATTENTION!
--
Cba to give descriptions because 11pm and I'm studying for exams so soz, but I've been watching anime for nearly ten years, and I know good stuff. I'm expecting you've already watched the kings like Fullmetal Alchemist and Code Geass.

Shinsekai Yori, if you want to feel ****ed up for a while, go for this one. Inspired by the novel Brave New World. I'm not saying anything else.
Fruits Basket: drama, comedy, supernatural-eqsue elements, really beautiful but dark and sometimes really sad story. Basically, "THEY'RE ALL ANIMALS!". This one's a favourite, but as you go on with the series, you get so attached to everything. I love them all so much. And it's one of the few series that have made me cry. But it's amazing. So it was worth the pain.
March Comes in Like a Lion: an anime about the Japanese equivalent of chess (Shogi), depression and wholesome stuff
Angel Beats: makes you feel stuff and is super beautiful. not anything to crazy, but it's a really nice little show
Durarara!!: a slice of life anime about these people living in a place called Ikebukoro. Has gangs, yakuza, headless riders and dumb high school kids. Later seasons weren't as well adapted as the first, but it's music slaps and it has cool characters. Just avoid the shippers like the plague!
Grave of the Fireflies: the Ghibli movie before Ghibli. Very raw and emotional. Set during WW2 Japan. Stars a boy and his kid sister. FEELS.
Castle in the Sky: Another Ghibli movie, but this one's underrated and Miyazaki's first movie under the Ghibli banner. Features a floating castle/kingdom known as Laputa, greedy adults wanting power, a group of pirates, and a pair of sweet kids as the protags
Magi Labyrinth of Magic: Inspired by 101 Nights, colourful cast of characters, shounen, fun battles but also politics, morally grey, unique characters, first season was badly adapted but second wasn't, unfortunately was never finished, but the manga is
Natsume's Book of Friends: if you want a chill, laidback, relaxing slice of life, this is it. About the guy who has a pet spirit cat called Nyanko Sensei who inherited this book called the "Book of Friends". His grandmother used to force yokai to challenges, and when she won, had them write their names in the book. The book is very powerful because anyone who owns it controls the yokai. Natsume decides he wants to give them all back. 6 seasons, 2 movies and 4 OVA's. This series is really underrated, set in countryside Japan, has a blend of yokai, human and exorcist characters
Dororo: Seinen, one of Osamu Tezuka's works brought to life. Protag is Hyakkimaru, and his father sacrificed his son to the God's for fortune and wealth, stuff like that. Hyakki lost his eyes, mouth, limbs, skin, everything. A guy made him prosthetic limbs and stuff, and he fights monsters. He meets a kid called Dororo, and they just hang out. Not talked about enough imo.
Yona of the Dawn: Anime doesn't finish the story because the anime industry hates giving shoujo attention. Basically, it doesn't matter if you don't like shoujo, hell, you could not like anime at all. But you will LOVE Yona of the Dawn. I preferrable would recommend the manga over the anime, because the anime ends just as the story is beginning, and that's not cool. Politics, comedy, romance, action, AMAZING character, AMAZING lore, this is honestly one of my most favourite series. Highly recommend this one. Manga is currently over 30 volumes, and is very much loved by the community. I have yet to se someone talk **** about this series if they've read it all. Please don't judge it by the first few episodes/chapters.

Well, guess I did write descriptions for them all lol. Spent a good while writing this, so you better try something out lol. Tried to add variety.

ENJOY
Last edited by wokirow; 1 month ago
Eggs and Bacon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are these Anime or merely cartoon?

Family Guy
The Simpsons
American Dad
ScarletMillion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Eggs and Bacon)
Are these Anime or merely cartoon?

Family Guy
The Simpsons
American Dad
cartoons
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
*shameless Spring 2021 anime season thread plug* :blow:
ScarletMillion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
id recommend watching attack on titan before season 4 part 2 comes out

Spoiler:
Show
otherwise you're probably gonna hear a lot of spoilers once it finishes
NaeeAugustus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wokirow)
EDIT- I JUST REALISED OP WASN'T ASKING FOR ANIME RECOMMENDATIONS AFTER POSTING THIS BUT IDC, THIS IS A GOOD LIST, ANYONE READING IT BETTER PAY ATTENTION!
--
Cba to give descriptions because 11pm and I'm studying for exams so soz, but I've been watching anime for nearly ten years, and I know good stuff. I'm expecting you've already watched the kings like Fullmetal Alchemist and Code Geass.

Shinsekai Yori, if you want to feel ****ed up for a while, go for this one. Inspired by the novel Brave New World. I'm not saying anything else.
Fruits Basket: drama, comedy, supernatural-eqsue elements, really beautiful but dark and sometimes really sad story. Basically, "THEY'RE ALL ANIMALS!". This one's a favourite, but as you go on with the series, you get so attached to everything. I love them all so much. And it's one of the few series that have made me cry. But it's amazing. So it was worth the pain.
March Comes in Like a Lion: an anime about the Japanese equivalent of chess (Shogi), depression and wholesome stuff
Angel Beats: makes you feel stuff and is super beautiful. not anything to crazy, but it's a really nice little show
Durarara!!: a slice of life anime about these people living in a place called Ikebukoro. Has gangs, yakuza, headless riders and dumb high school kids. Later seasons weren't as well adapted as the first, but it's music slaps and it has cool characters. Just avoid the shippers like the plague!
Grave of the Fireflies: the Ghibli movie before Ghibli. Very raw and emotional. Set during WW2 Japan. Stars a boy and his kid sister. FEELS.
Castle in the Sky: Another Ghibli movie, but this one's underrated and Miyazaki's first movie under the Ghibli banner. Features a floating castle/kingdom known as Laputa, greedy adults wanting power, a group of pirates, and a pair of sweet kids as the protags
Magi Labyrinth of Magic: Inspired by 101 Nights, colourful cast of characters, shounen, fun battles but also politics, morally grey, unique characters, first season was badly adapted but second wasn't, unfortunately was never finished, but the manga is
Natsume's Book of Friends: if you want a chill, laidback, relaxing slice of life, this is it. About the guy who has a pet spirit cat called Nyanko Sensei who inherited this book called the "Book of Friends". His grandmother used to force yokai to challenges, and when she won, had them write their names in the book. The book is very powerful because anyone who owns it controls the yokai. Natsume decides he wants to give them all back. 6 seasons, 2 movies and 4 OVA's. This series is really underrated, set in countryside Japan, has a blend of yokai, human and exorcist characters
Dororo: Seinen, one of Osamu Tezuka's works brought to life. Protag is Hyakkimaru, and his father sacrificed his son to the God's for fortune and wealth, stuff like that. Hyakki lost his eyes, mouth, limbs, skin, everything. A guy made him prosthetic limbs and stuff, and he fights monsters. He meets a kid called Dororo, and they just hang out. Not talked about enough imo.
Yona of the Dawn: Anime doesn't finish the story because the anime industry hates giving shoujo attention. Basically, it doesn't matter if you don't like shoujo, hell, you could not like anime at all. But you will LOVE Yona of the Dawn. I preferrable would recommend the manga over the anime, because the anime ends just as the story is beginning, and that's not cool. Politics, comedy, romance, action, AMAZING character, AMAZING lore, this is honestly one of my most favourite series. Highly recommend this one. Manga is currently over 30 volumes, and is very much loved by the community. I have yet to se someone talk **** about this series if they've read it all. Please don't judge it by the first few episodes/chapters.

Well, guess I did write descriptions for them all lol. Spent a good while writing this, so you better try something out lol. Tried to add variety.

ENJOY
I LOVE DORORO! Idk if I will ever not sing the opening song to myself randomly — and I watched it so long ago
Kimi_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I liked Erased a lot. I have a lot of titles to share.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (27)
27.27%
No (72)
72.73%

Watched Threads