Term 3 maintenance cut off and constant messing around

Watch
molloch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My term 3 maintenance loan has been removed. As well as being hung up on four times on being connected, I have spoken with about 7 agents and a manager since Friday - I was told repeatedly that this had been sorted and I could expect my payment within five working days.

The reasons for the complete removal of my term 3 funding have been various - sometimes I have been told it is something to do with changes in my marital status, sometimes because I was overpaid, either this year or last year. Frankly SFE does not seem to know.

I have no idea what marital status has to do with it, and I have not been given any reasons at all for how I have been overpaid. The agents have been totally unable to enlighten me.

Today I have received new correspondence telling me that I have been overpaid by £6k and my updated payments are saying that a deduction equivalent to my entire term 3 maintenance has been removed. I depend on this money totally and am being threatened with homelessness.

One agent has told me I can expect to wait until 4th June for this to be updated - quite frankly I may well be dead by the time this process has been completed. Another has told me that the information I have been given is automatically generated.

Nobody seems to have a clue what to tell me, I get vast amounts of correspondence giving false or conflicting information, I get messed around by agents, and I get the money I depend on to live taken away. As a full-time student I depend on this and cannot apply for benefits. It is just so disgraceful. I am here to see if there is any advice or information you have about my situation and how I can get the money I depend on restored to me.

Thanks.
Last edited by molloch; 3 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by molloch)
My term 3 maintenance loan has been removed. As well as being hung up on four times on being connected, I have spoken with about 7 agents and a manager since Friday - I was told repeatedly that this had been sorted and I could expect my payment within five working days.

The reasons for the complete removal of my term 3 funding have been various - sometimes I have been told it is something to do with changes in my marital status, sometimes because I was overpaid, either this year or last year. Frankly SFE does not seem to know.

I have no idea what marital status has to do with it, and I have not been given any reasons at all for how I have been overpaid. The agents have been totally unable to enlighten me.

Today I have received new correspondence telling me that I have been overpaid by £6k and my updated payments are saying that a deduction equivalent to my entire term 3 maintenance has been removed. I depend on this money totally and am being threatened with homelessness.

One agent has told me I can expect to wait until 4th June for this to be updated - quite frankly I may well be dead by the time this process has been completed. Another has told me that the information I have been given is automatically generated.

Nobody seems to have a clue what to tell me, I get vast amounts of correspondence giving false or conflicting information, I get messed around by agents, and I get the money I depend on to live taken away. As a full-time student I depend on this and cannot apply for benefits. It is just so disgraceful. I am here to see if there is any advice or information you have about my situation and how I can get the money I depend on restored to me.

Thanks.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you have not been given reasons and you don't fully understand what has happened.

I would like to help with this. Please can you message us on Facebook or Twitter and request to speak to me (Isaac) and then I will privately speak to you and access your account to find out what has happened.

If you let me know when you have messaged and your username then I can try find your message so you don't have to wait long.
Thanks, Isaac
molloch
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you have not been given reasons and you don't fully understand what has happened.

I would like to help with this. Please can you message us on Facebook or Twitter and request to speak to me (Isaac) and then I will privately speak to you and access your account to find out what has happened.

If you let me know when you have messaged and your username then I can try find your message so you don't have to wait long.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi,
I have messaged now. Thanks
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I have messaged now. Thanks
What username/name did you use and what social media platform?
Thanks, Isaac
molloch
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
What username/name did you use and what social media platform?
Thanks, Isaac
It was on facebook messenger but I can't PM you here and I don't want to give my name in public. I said I was asked by Isaac on the student room to refer to him here, I gave my username here and described the problem
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It was on facebook messenger but I can't PM you here and I don't want to give my name in public. I said I was asked by Isaac on the student room to refer to him here, I gave my username here and described the problem
I understand not wanting to give your name on this public form. Please allow 24 hours for your message to appear at the top of the queue and when my colleagues pick it up, they will pass it over to me.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (70)
73.68%
No (25)
26.32%

Watched Threads