Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Is it bad that I want to lose weight because I feel that my boyfriend will find my more attractive that way ?
He says I’m beautiful all the time and everything but I just feel like he’d love me more if I was skinny
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it bad that I want to lose weight because I feel that my boyfriend will find my more attractive that way ?
He says I’m beautiful all the time and everything but I just feel like he’d love me more if I was skinny
Yep. Your primary concern should always be your own state of health. You should seek to live a healthy lifestyle, to get yourself educated on nutrition, what is good food, what is bad food, what bad things do to your body and so on.

Weight loss should always be a BY-PRODUCT of seeking and resolving to live a healthy lifestyle. It should never be the primary goal. If losing weight is all you concentrate on then you will simply embark on a temporary journey where you will lose some weight but then put it back on again and more besides. That will happen because you are engaging in some for of diet which by definition is just a temporary way of eating and as it is temporary it will come to an end and when it does you will revert back to previous lifestyle and the weight will come back on.

So it's important to first and foremost seek to live a healthy lifestyle. Getting educated about food and understanding that we are engaged in a war on our health by food manufacturers is key to achieving a healthy lifestyle. Once you live that lifestyle, you will lose weight completely naturally as your body re-balances itself. No diets or masses of exercise are necessary. They body will adjust if you give it the time and space to do so and feed it the right fuel.

Your boyfriend should have nothing to do with this. A boyfriend is not more important than your health. Health first, weight adjusts naturally as a consequence of that and any boyfriend will love you for who you are not what you might become.

As an aside, I can't stand skinny rakes. They look unhealthy, fabricated, un-genuine, obsessed with themselves and thus self-centred and little more than carbon copies of some churned out mass produced product. Far better to have a natural body, full of life and vigour, with glowing skin from all the great vitamins and minerals you got from good foods.
Last edited by PilgrimOfTruth; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
yes that's bad - your value as a person doesn't come from your weight
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should be motivated to lose weight if you know you're overweight and want to lead a better, healthier lifestyle. Not because you're insecure around your partner.
Kings and Queens
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You shouldn't want to lose weight simply to please another person, you should do it for yourself, for you to have a better lifestyle and feel better about yourself. Your boyfriend probably loves you unconditionally, if he is prepared to tell you that you are beautiful regardless of your weight.

Do it for yourself.
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nothing wrong with wanting to be more attractive.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gaddafi)
Nothing wrong with wanting to be more attractive.
true that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (194)
74.9%
No (65)
25.1%

Watched Threads