Msc management at Lancaster vs Bath vs durham

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I am confused between the msc management programs at Bath, durham and lancaster. Considering the job prospects after graduation and overall student experience which would be a better choice?
Also how is alumni network of these unis(especially lancaster), are these unis targeted by top recruiters?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi I am confused between the msc management programs at Bath, durham and lancaster. Considering the job prospects after graduation and overall student experience which would be a better choice?
Also how is alumni network of these unis(especially lancaster), are these unis targeted by top recruiters?
Hi :hello:,

I hope you are well.

Great to hear you that one of the universities you are interested in studying at is Lancaster University. I am a current undergraduate student at Lancaster University on the Marketing Management course and am thoroughly enjoying it.

For me, Lancaster was the best decision based on the course, graduate prospects, teaching, campus and student life. As you have asked specifically about graduate prospects and student experience, I will elaborate on these but please let me know if you have any more questions or if you would like me to put you in contact with a current student on the course you are interested in studying .

Regarding job prospects after graduation, Lancaster has been ranked 2nd in the UK for graduate employability (Guardian University League Tables, 2020) which is really reassuring. On a more personal level, I managed to secure a placement year and also a Graduate position for later this year at Johnson & Johnson. Many of my other friends have also secured jobs at Unilever, Deloitte, EY, Amazon etc. The great thing about Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) in my opinion is the 24/7 careers support from online CV checkers to 1:1 appointments and course specific careers coaches that get to know you and your career interests on a personal level, this is something I wish I had known more about before starting! There is a large alumni network at Lancaster and is well connected with top recruiters and holds regular careers fairs where you can interact with these companies.

I have really enjoyed my student experience at Lancaster. I love campus and how it feels like a mini town with many places to eat, a hairdressers, doctors, dentist, pharmacy, library, learning zone, coffee shops, hotel, sports centre, swimming pool etc - such a vibrant place. Also the town is about a 10/15 bus ride away where there is plenty to do. I love meeting friends for drinks, walking along the canal and a trip to the sea at Morecambe or a visit to the Lake District is always nice to do!

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. If not, I wish you the very best of luck with your decision and future studies .

Rebecca (Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Oh great! Thanks a lot for this detailed information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (9)
16.36%
Quite well (24)
43.64%
Not so good (13)
23.64%
Terrible! (9)
16.36%

Watched Threads