GCSE history aqa 8 marker

Watch this thread
lavender14
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
does anybody have any idea how i should approach this question and what points to use and how to link it back to the question - it's for health and the people- Explain the significance of the NHS ... in public health etc or just in general and what long term and short term effects to include ?
Thank you
Last edited by lavender14; 1 year ago
username5289804
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lavender14)
Hi
does anybody have any idea how i should approach this question and what points to use and how to link it back to the question - it's for health and the people- Explain the significance of the NHS ... in public health etc or just in general and what long term and short term effects to include ?
Thank you
hey!! so basically you want to write 2 paragraphs in total,, 3 if you have time. make sure to use the exact wording of the question to make your point so you would say,,, the creation of the NHS was significant because it was the first free healthcare service. Then you want to back this up with contextual knowledge so something like,, 8 million people who had never seen a doctor before now could. and then you want to explain how this was significant and again, use the wording of the question so eg. this is significant because this meant that the general public was healthier and were given proper treatment. This lead to a rise in Britain's economy as the working class who could not afford treatment before were now healthy and able to work harder. then repeat this whole structure again but with a different point. hope this helps!
lavender14
Rep:
(Original post by yara.x)
hey!! so basically you want to write 2 paragraphs in total,, 3 if you have time. make sure to use the exact wording of the question to make your point so you would say,,, the creation of the NHS was significant because it was the first free healthcare service. Then you want to back this up with contextual knowledge so something like,, 8 million people who had never seen a doctor before now could. and then you want to explain how this was significant and again, use the wording of the question so eg. this is significant because this meant that the general public was healthier and were given proper treatment. This lead to a rise in Britain's economy as the working class who could not afford treatment before were now healthy and able to work harder. then repeat this whole structure again but with a different point. hope this helps!
thanks you so much that will definitely help as it will make my points more clearer!
thanks
also quick question what would be the short and long-term effects?
username5289804
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
thanks you so much that will definitely help as it will make my points more clearer!
thanks
also quick question what would be the short and long-term effects?
sorry for the late reply! for this specific question, the short term effects will be that people who couldn't see a doctor before now could then the long term effects would be that people were healthier so they could work more so Britain's economy improved. generally, a short term effect is like something that has an impact straight away like john snow when he broke the pump, the short term effect of this was that people in the area didn't get cholera. long term effects u want to talk about how the event/ person impacted the development of something else. Again john snow didn't really end cholera but he did discover that it was caused by dirty water and obviously proper sewage would help that,, so his work was considered by the government when they gave £3 million (I think) to bazalgette to build a sewage system for London. good luck on your exams by the way!!
lavender14
Rep:
(Original post by yara.x)
sorry for the late reply! for this specific question, the short term effects will be that people who couldn't see a doctor before now could then the long term effects would be that people were healthier so they could work more so Britain's economy improved. generally, a short term effect is like something that has an impact straight away like john snow when he broke the pump, the short term effect of this was that people in the area didn't get cholera. long term effects u want to talk about how the event/ person impacted the development of something else. Again john snow didn't really end cholera but he did discover that it was caused by dirty water and obviously proper sewage would help that,, so his work was considered by the government when they gave £3 million (I think) to bazalgette to build a sewage system for London. good luck on your exams by the way!!
oh ok thank you that's fine, i have already done it and it went okay!
Carla72626171
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
oh ok thank you that's fine, i have already done it and it went okay!
What were all of the questions? x
lavender14
Rep:
(Original post by Carla72626171)
What were all of the questions? x
they were significance of the nhs and a source on quackery my school had split it up as 2 - 8 markers for our first assessment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads