Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
content warning: the following post contains discussion of sexual abuse

Spoiler:
Show
If your father touched you as a kid and you’re mom doesn’t know ,but he died a year later should you tell your mom now that you’re older? Or keep it to yourself
Linnielizzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Spoiler:
Show
If your father touched you as a kid and you’re mom doesn’t know ,but he died a year later should you tell your mom now that you’re older? Or keep it to yourself
Oh my goodness. I hope you are okay now. I don’t know what advice I could give you as I think you’re also considering your mothers grief and how her perspective would change and how it could make her break down even more. And maybe you might also feel greedy or selfish to destroy the good memories your mom might have had with your father, but I think she deserves to know if your relationship with her is strong. I feel like she might also be in denial if you do tell her as it’s so sudden, but just know that you are not alone and many people have gone through your situation before. I couldn’t say as I’ve never been in your shoes but you have my full support.
chelsea.uri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Spoiler:
Show
Tell her. Regardless of whether he’s dead or alive it’s still wrong and disgusting.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Linnielizzie)
Oh my goodness. I hope you are okay now. I don’t know what advice I could give you as I think you’re also considering your mothers grief and how her perspective would change and how it could make her break down even more. And maybe you might also feel greedy or selfish to destroy the good memories your mom might have had with your father, but I think she deserves to know if your relationship with her is strong. I feel like she might also be in denial if you do tell her as it’s so sudden, but just know that you are not alone and many people have gone through your situation before. I couldn’t say as I’ve never been in your shoes but you have my full support.
This happened around 10 years ago. I did recently tell my close cousin and told her not to tell anyone because it’s not her thing it’s say. She ended up telling her mom (my aunt) behind my back and my aunt said I was lying and I was too young to understand. That’s why I don’t want to tell my mom.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
This happened around 10 years ago. I did recently tell my close cousin and told her not to tell anyone because it’s not her thing it’s say. She ended up telling her mom (my aunt) behind my back and my aunt said I was lying and I was too young to understand. That’s why I don’t want to tell my mom.
Respectfully, your aunt and cousin has no say in this matter. If you want to tell your mom, tell her as she may have a different say. Just know it’s not ur fault this happened. You’re aunt also saying that you were lying? Crazy.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
hey, I’m so sorry you had to go through this. if you ever need someone to talk to, I’m happy to dm! I think it’s a really difficult situation and that there’s no right or wrong answer, but no matter what you choose to do, you are not the bad guy. I would say, however, that it’s an incredibly traumatic thing to go through, and it might be useful to talk to someone? that might be your mum if you feel that’s right, but if not a therapist (I know I’ve been ) ) or even a hotline might be better than bottling it up. I hope you’re doing okay, it’s an awful situation, but it’s amazing that you’re still trying to figure out the kindest thing to do. 💕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads