ilytzuu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm in Year 12 and I still don't have a revision timetable and I don't revise. I have no idea where to start and I'm starting to get stressed out about it because our school is saying that by now we should be doing 10 hours of revision at least. Does anyone have any tips on how to create a helpful revision plan and where to start when revising (e.g. revision techniques, things to buy)? I have the revision books but I haven't barely picked them up.
LolaActon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ilytzuu)
I'm in Year 12 and I still don't have a revision timetable and I don't revise. I have no idea where to start and I'm starting to get stressed out about it because our school is saying that by now we should be doing 10 hours of revision at least. Does anyone have any tips on how to create a helpful revision plan and where to start when revising (e.g. revision techniques, things to buy)? I have the revision books but I haven't barely picked them up.
I wouldn't be too stressed, I didn't do any revision whatsoever in year 12, however I did over summer. If I were you, I'd just make simple notes for the topics you've covered, but set yourself a limit. For example, if you do English, maybe tell yourself to pick out one key quote for each key character in the books you've done so far this year. That way you don't hate yourself for not doing anything, but you don't burn out by doing too much. Also, as for a revision timetable, I wouldn't bother, maybe just write two checkpoints for what you want to have done by the end of y13 for each subject. (I'm year 13 now, I did this and it really helped. Mine were, for English, I wanted to have a quote bank for each book, and a couple other things).
Also, your school saying you need to do 10 hours is RIDICULOUS. No one is expecting that, trust me.
tptp123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
you definitely shouldn't be doing 10 hours! 2-4 hours a day is fine for someone in Y12. What I did was make a revision poster from memory (active recall) after making notes. I did this for every topic as the year went on, don't leave everything to the end. I went over those posters every other day, then every other week. (spaced repetition)
just make sure you're not learning things then forgetting them the next day, and don't be too stressed out. I also didn't do much in year 12 until summer
Flk10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I presume your school mean 10 hours of revision a week. That is a perfectly reasonable expectation- if anything I’d expect year 12s aiming for top grades to be doing more than this.

Personally, in year 12 I’d aim to do 2.5 hours study (homework and revision) on a school night and then 6 hours over the weekend m. This will help you prepare for year 13 wheb your study time will need to increase.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.73%
Uncertainty around my education (82)
11.45%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (76)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (92)
12.85%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.31%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.73%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (77)
10.75%
Financial worries (46)
6.42%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.33%
Exposure to negative news/social media (43)
6.01%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (69)
9.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (56)
7.82%

Watched Threads