The Student Room Group

Do you use your talents to impress?

Just a fun little anecdote and a small question really.

I was once on the bus and some insanely attractive girl was going to sit next to me. The kind every guy on the bus would be like holy **** she is good looking. Her guy friend who I think was just someone she got on the bus with from the same stop every morning sat behind.

I alerted her to something not good with the chair so she probably shouldn't sit there and she instead sat across the isle. As I alerted her to the problem, the guy friend who was sitting down behind kind of rudely butted in to comment really quickly for literally no reason. This guy was obviously trying to be assertive and confident, just because she was there. As if he didn't like the fact she said something to me, and I to her, and so he had to be a part of it.

It just got me thinking like what is he trying to do impress her over me or something? I thought what a little twerp it was so obvious... I'm like 10 years older even though he probably didn't know this because I look very young for my age, and probably have more talent in my little finger than him, there is like a 99.9% chance of that.

So anyway I was just wondering loosely related to this story... If you are particularly good at something, would you ever use your talents to impress a girl or guy?

Never throughout my entire life so far have I ever done this... even though I definitely could if I wanted.
Reply 1
Nah, usually people aren't alive when I use my talent.
lol imagine being talented
No, as I am a boring person, and don't have talents haha
Reply 4
What "talents" are we talking about here? Is it a euphemism for something?
Well, I can do magic and I sometimes might use this to impress someone. Yes. But will I continuously do just this to impress them? No. I don’t want that to be the only trick I have up my sleeve.
Reply 6
Original post by ThomH97
What "talents" are we talking about here? Is it a euphemism for something?

No actually I really mean just general talent like whether that is in art or music or whatever it may be.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
No actually I really mean just general talent like whether that is in art or music or whatever it may be.

I guess you might have an instrument with you on the bus, but for most things I don't think the bus would be a good place to show off your talents?
Reply 8
Original post by ThomH97
I guess you might have an instrument with you on the bus, but for most things I don't think the bus would be a good place to show off your talents?

No I mean given the circumstance is appropriate to do so, would you purposely use your talent to impress a girl or guy. I feel like some people would, other people like me don't. I just wondered what people would say.
You forgot to include the fun little anecdote.
Original post by YaliaV123
You forgot to include the fun little anecdote.

Anecdote = "a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person."

If you didn't like it I am truly sorry :P
Original post by Anonymous
Anecdote = "a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person."

If you didn't like it I am truly sorry :P

Apology accepted.
Sometimes.
When I get to do racket sports at school I often play trick shots.
I can also rattle off quite a few mathematical sequences although that "talent" is more niche.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending