Is it true that life becomes worse after year 11

Watch
gcse20212004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m leaving year 11 in a couple of weeks and I am so so so so scared for the future
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It got better for me in 6th form
Bernerditta
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Everyone is different some would agree some won’t it depend which path you take some paths are harder than others ie medicine in university meaning you mostly would have to do biology chemistry alevel etc.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It got even worse for me in 6th form
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gcse20212004)
I’m leaving year 11 in a couple of weeks and I am so so so so scared for the future
Not necessarily, but if you are constantly scared of getting old and the future then life really will become worse.
Rara345
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope, not for me. I personally love 6th form, everything is more independent at school, and I could drop the subjects I didnt enjoy at GCSEs.
What specifically are you worried about
xsowmix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
stress increases by a lot but as others have said here you get to be more independent and imo my experience in sixth form was way better despite all the stress
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
yes it does .You realise GCSEs were **** easy and gonna be stressed out a lot of times.

Maybe my experience since I take sciences
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Please don't be scared. I was very scared of life at your age, but with experience you learn to deal with all the ups and downs of life.

You never know, your life may turn out great and then you will have been worrying for nothing.

Just take it easy, work as hard as you can, enjoy your family and friends and ask them for help if you need it.

Heed the wise words of Junior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAWnb1yxr5M
chelsea.uri
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why are you scared?
chelsea.uri
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
It got even worse for me in 6th form
Why? The workload?
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
Why? The workload?
Not really the workload, I actually think it is much easier to revise only 4 subjects rather than 10+

I just didn't like the social aspect of sixth form, especially when you join one which has no one from your old school and everyone else just buddies up with people from their last school.. Anyways in my experience, I found it much more difficult to make friends and although I disliked secondary, I now wish I could go back because I have hated my 2 years at sixth form... lucky I only have 6 weeks left though
Pegasus25
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not really the workload, I actually think it is much easier to revise only 4 subjects rather than 10+

I just didn't like the social aspect of sixth form, especially when you join one which has no one from your old school and everyone else just buddies up with people from their last school.. Anyways in my experience, I found it much more difficult to make friends and although I disliked secondary, I now wish I could go back because I have hated my 2 years at sixth form... lucky I only have 6 weeks left though
I agree with this in a big way.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No.
More independence, opportunities and getting closer to having all adult freedoms.
Of course, more pressure regarding studying for good grades and saving for uni accomodation or to move out for work/internship/living with partner or friends.
francesca89
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
life after year 11 is what you make it, if you make subject choices that you genuinely enjoy doing you will be fine as this is what will motivate you. with all the freedoms of 6th form you have to become more independent and that is hard but it’s also rewarding, so just make sure you pick subjects you will enjoy
sunshine774
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
College was **** for me in terms of my studies, but I loved uni. And no, life in general has got much better for me.

And also don't be scared, you don't have to plan out the rest of your life! Just take it slowly, and do what you feel is right
chelsea.uri
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Oh ok and I agree but 4 is still a lot especially at a level so I'll probably do 3. I want to go to a new school bcuz I want a fresh start and want to make new friends so hopefully my experience won't be the same as yours... I'll probably hang out with ppl from my classes tbh.
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
Oh ok and I agree but 4 is still a lot especially at a level so I'll probably do 3. I want to go to a new school bcuz I want a fresh start and want to make new friends so hopefully my experience won't be the same as yours... I'll probably hang out with ppl from my classes tbh.
Yeah I wouldn't recommend 4, better just to get good grades in 3

Wishing you don't have a similar experience to me xD
mickeyholt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Better bro!!!! It gets better. You find yourself and becoming independent. I love just going to london by myself and shopping. Getting a drink. Life gets better
mspaghetti
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Got better for me. I hated secondary school and loved being in sixth form because I had more freedom and loved a-levels more than GCSEs. When I got to university I had even more freedom. Looking back, the only thing I won't have again is prom but you get similar events at uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads