Should I go back to university or just do a course ?

Watch
Noorals
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m 21, went to uni at 18 and did psychology , left after a year and a bit. Was going through a lot and my mental health was a awful. Now I want to try again. I’ve worked for 2 years ish and feel stagnant at the moment and feel like going back to uni or education is the right move but still unsure?

I want to study to become a counsellor and work with young children , all the other jobs out here don’t appeal to me and I’m done with retail.

What do you guys think?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Noorals)
I’m 21, went to uni at 18 and did psychology , left after a year and a bit. Was going through a lot and my mental health was a awful. Now I want to try again. I’ve worked for 2 years ish and feel stagnant at the moment and feel like going back to uni or education is the right move but still unsure?

I want to study to become a counsellor and work with young children , all the other jobs out here don’t appeal to me and I’m done with retail.

What do you guys think?
Technically, you shouldn't need to go to uni to be a counsellor.
See the following:
https://nationalcareers.service.gov....les/counsellor
domesticengineer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Might be worth checking out jobs with the NHS or your local government too. Sometimes in the NHS jobs come up for trainee well being practitioners where you can work with young people and go to college to get a recognised qualification all fully funded.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (195)
75%
No (65)
25%

Watched Threads