Alexnova126
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So
I got a place for a law degree in roehampton university,Ulaw,Sussex and Goldsmith and I just don't know which one to choose?Like I have been thinking of going to roehampton because of the area but in the uni of Sussex they do law with American studies(which I think I'm more passionate about)but apparently the accomodation and living there overall expensive.The other 2 unis I really don't have much info about and I would be glad if someone can tell me their experiences in any of the 4 unis I mentioned and give me advice.Any serious feedback is appreciated
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Alexnova126)
So
I got a place for a law degree in roehampton university,Ulaw,Sussex and Goldsmith and I just don't know which one to choose?Like I have been thinking of going to roehampton because of the area but in the uni of Sussex they do law with American studies(which I think I'm more passionate about)but apparently the accomodation and living there overall expensive.The other 2 unis I really don't have much info about and I would be glad if someone can tell me their experiences in any of the 4 unis I mentioned and give me advice.Any serious feedback is appreciated
Brighton is not a cheap area but it’s still cheaper than London. Sussex is by far the best university on your list.
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
So
Hi Alexnova126,
First of all, congratulations on receiving offers from these universities! I am glad you are considering Sussex and passionate about the Law with American studies course!

I currently study at Sussex so I would be able to tell you about my experience here. I have personally enjoyed my time at Sussex and studying in Brighton especially as we are close to the beach and have access to lots of independent shops! I have found that nightlife (before corona of course) has been good as welll. My course has covered a range of different areas which gives us a good foundation and in final year in particular I have been able to narrow this down to my personal interests.

In terms of how expensive it is, I would agree with the other person that has said that Sussex is a bit less expensive than London and I would add that at Sussex University there are undergraduate scholarships and bursaries such as the Sussex Bursary that can help financially. This may help to make things easier and help to bridge the gap. Also, it might be beneficial to look at Sussex's on campus accommodation pages to see if there is anything available in your price range!

I know that this is a very big decision and I hope this information has been helpful in some way. Please feel free to ask me any questions about anything!

Best wishes,
Merade (Yr 3 History and Politics BA)
Last edited by University of Sussex Official Reps; 2 months ago
University of Roehampton (Official)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
So
Hi there Alexnova126

Congratulations on all of the offers you've received, it's great to have so much choice on where to study!

I am currently studying at the University of Roehampton. I've enjoyed my four years here hugely. I really appreciate how easy it is to access central London and all of the cities famous landmarks from here, yet it doesn't feel too much like London at all - it's easy to take a step back from the busy city life. Also, the close proximity to Richmond Park is definitely a bonus, it's amazing for picnics in the summer or just going for a walk for a break from studying.

Roehampton has a good selection of on and off-campus accommodation. Our on-campus accommodation ranges from en-suite to shared bathroom and shower facilities and varies in price accordingly. The prices for accommodation change each year so it would be best to email [email protected] for the up-to-date price list!

Although London living is a little more expensive than other places, I would say it's very manageable. The maintenance loan you'll receive will be higher as it's scaled to match London living costs. However, if you are concerned about costs, we offer a range of financial support including scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as the Student Hardship Fund which helps students through times of financial difficulty. There is also a range of jobs on campus that will accommodate your exams and assignments, for example, the student ambassador role.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Geri Stidston | Digital Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.33%
Uncertainty around my education (63)
11.58%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (65)
11.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (71)
13.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (30)
5.51%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (25)
4.6%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (57)
10.48%
Financial worries (34)
6.25%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (21)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.25%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.76%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (55)
10.11%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (45)
8.27%

Watched Threads