The Student Room Group

I need advice.

So, my bf is really good friends with a girl he has known for about a year now, She knows about me and she even added me on social media and chats to me when they’re on the phone. Anyway recently he’s been saying ‘love ya’ ‘bye mate’ when ending a phone call with her (in front of me) and it’s making me wonder if there’s more to it? He was single when they first met and he said there was nothing in it other than mates when we first got together but he also said if any woman told him he had to stop speaking to her he would tell his ‘gf’ where the door is cos he loves her to bits and wouldn’t stop the ‘friendship’ (I wouldn’t expect that anyway) she’s kinda seeing someone too but I just can’t help thinking there’s something more to it.. something just doesn’t feel right. He asked me if I was jealous over it or going to start getting jealous over it because I did say go and see ****** making a joke about her to see his reaction. Thoughts please?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So, my bf is really good friends with a girl he has known for about a year now, She knows about me and she even added me on social media and chats to me when they’re on the phone. Anyway recently he’s been saying ‘love ya’ ‘bye mate’ when ending a phone call with her (in front of me) and it’s making me wonder if there’s more to it? He was single when they first met and he said there was nothing in it other than mates when we first got together but he also said if any woman told him he had to stop speaking to her he would tell his ‘gf’ where the door is cos he loves her to bits and wouldn’t stop the ‘friendship’ (I wouldn’t expect that anyway) she’s kinda seeing someone too but I just can’t help thinking there’s something more to it.. something just doesn’t feel right. He asked me if I was jealous over it or going to start getting jealous over it because I did say go and see ****** making a joke about her to see his reaction. Thoughts please?

They call eachother internet wife & hubby too
the " love ya " part does seem a bit fishy ngl but i think you should talk to him about it. tell him how you feel. im assuming that it's not that you want him to stop being friends with this girl but it makes u feel a bit uncomfortable when he says that to her. how long have they been friends btw... not that it matters that much but if they're like childhood friends then i'd see why he feels close enough to her to say that to her
They call eachother internet wife & hubby too

oh... yeah i think you should speak to him about this cos that's a bit too much now
Reply 4
Original post by wiiparty
oh... yeah i think you should speak to him about this cos that's a bit too much now

So you think there’s more to it as well? Maybe I should take a step back. I just feel disrespected when he does it.

This is quite suspicious. I honestly think if he continues to be like this you may as well leave him. Confront him first though.
(edited 2 years ago)
So you think there’s more to it as well? Maybe I should take a step back. I just feel disrespected when he does it.

yeah u have every right to feel disrespected cos it is quite mean that he says all this stuff to her in front of u.. like he's not even trying to hide it or anything?? (not that hiding it would make it better) i think u should speak to him and tell him that u feel like he's disrespecting u when he does this stuff. don't accuse him of cheating cos that probably wont end well but just make it clear that ur not trynna accuse him, u just want him to know that u dont like how it makes u feel. and if he's a good boyfriend, he'll tone it down with all "love ya" and "wifey" stuff
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by sufys12
This is quite suspicious. I honestly think if he continues to be like this you may as well leave him. Confront him first though.

I honestly feel like he wouldn’t care anyway
Reply 8
yeah u have every right to feel disrespected cos it is quite mean that he says all this stuff to her in front of u.. like he's not even trying to hide it or anything?? (not that hiding it would make it better) i think u should speak to him and tell him that u feel like he's disrespecting u when he does this stuff. don't accuse him of cheating cos that probably wont end well but just make it clear that ur not trynna accuse him, u just want him to know that u dont like how it makes u feel. and if he's a good boyfriend, he'll tone it down with all "love ya" and "wifey" stuff

I can see this ending in me heartbroken and him with her tbh. That’s what my gut is telling me but you love and learn I guess and as much as I love him I can’t make him love me if he doesn’t.. not saying he doesn’t but it don’t feel like it.
I can see this ending in me heartbroken and him with her tbh. That’s what my gut is telling me but you love and learn I guess and as much as I love him I can’t make him love me if he doesn’t.. not saying he doesn’t but it don’t feel like it.

If that does end up happening he's not worth getting heartbroken for.

not trying to sound negative but in my opinion, if he really did love u he wouldnt say all that to another girl in front of u
sorry that youre experiencing this.. but there are plenty of fish in the sea (lol) im sure that if your relationship with this guy ends, u will find someone much better !!!!
not trying to sound negative but in my opinion, if he really did love u he wouldnt say all that to another girl in front of u
sorry that youre experiencing this.. but there are plenty of fish in the sea (lol) im sure that if your relationship with this guy ends, u

He never even says it to me but he always tells her he loves her. Defo doesn’t want me does he.
He never even says it to me but he always tells her he loves her. Defo doesn’t want me does he.

woah wtf.. break up with him
woah wtf.. break up with him

I asked about it and he said I’m overthinking and everything between us if good on his part. Is that just words tho?
I asked about it and he said I’m overthinking and everything between us if good on his part. Is that just words tho?

lol u are definitely not overthinking it... does he not realise that obviously his girlfriend would feel some type of way if he says love ya to another girl? and especially since he doesn’t say that to u.. big red flag...

if he doesn’t agree to stop saying that to the other girl then i think u should break up with him

he should be willing to stop saying those things especially if u told him that u feel disrespected.. it’s as if he doesn’t care that u feel that way tbh

seems quite childish that he doesn’t realise how it’s making u feel
(edited 2 years ago)
lol u are definitely not overthinking it... does he not realise that obviously his girlfriend would feel some type of way if he says love ya to another girl? and especially since he doesn’t say that to u.. big red flag...

if he doesn’t agree to stop saying that to the other girl then i think u should break up with him

he should be willing to stop saying those things especially if u told him that u feel disrespected.. it’s as if he doesn’t care that u feel that way tbh

seems quite childish that he doesn’t realise how it’s making u feel

Yeah I agree. It’s just hard init but I can’t make him wanna be with me all I can do is step away and make him realise what he lost. I do so much for him he doesn’t realise how lucky he is (not to blow my own trumpet!!)
Yeah I agree. It’s just hard init but I can’t make him wanna be with me all I can do is step away and make him realise what he lost. I do so much for him he doesn’t realise how lucky he is (not to blow my own trumpet!!)

yeah unfortunately u will meet people like that in life :,( he'll realise that he lost a good one once it's too late! dw, im sure there's a MUCH better guy somewhere out there for u, no point in wasting your time on this one who doesn't seem to care about u that much

Quick Reply

Latest