RobFenny
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I went to university a few years ago studying psychology, I completed my first year and failed the 2nd using up 2 years of student finance.

I am looking to go back to university in september, I can start a psychology course from 2nd year which would use my last 2 years of student finance up which is fine.

However I am debating changing course to something unrelated which I enjoy more, however I would have to start from year 1 which means by the end of it I would need 5 years of student finance.

Would I be able to receive a 5th year? I read somewhere that they don't allow a 5th year for retakes however as it would be a new course would they allow this?

Thanks!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What subject is the new degree in?

Generally in your case you’ll be unfunded in year 1 of the new course. That means no tuition fee loan for that year. You’ll get maintenance loan for every year and tuition fee loans from 2nd year onwards.

There are some subjects where you can get funding for all years regardless of previous study.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.36%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (153)
56.04%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (41)
15.02%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.2%

Watched Threads