Fallen in "love" at my job?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I work full time as a waiter. My job is working behind tills as well handing out food and drinks. I have been working at this place for 1 year. I come from a poor background so I work lot of hours during the weeks, sometimes taking off or working shorter hours to do other things.
My job means a lot to me and I send money back to my family who live in Spain.

Everything was okay at my job until a female university student started visiting us. Our policy requires no indoor seating and use of face masks but when I saw her, I felt she was cute and her eyes were really pretty. I didn't give much thought , sometimes I looked over at her but had not seen her face so didn't really care much.

However, the more she visited, the more I got drawn to her. Then I saw her full face and was so captivated as she is very beautiful. Ultimately, I have now developed a full blown infatuation towards her. The infatuation got so desperate that I ended up losing track of how I was behaving.

I made the mistake of flirting with her twice in front of my colleagues. While the first girl, did not say anything as it was a regular chat, the second one confronted me, saying why was I starting unnecessary talks with her. She got the team manager involved who told me I shouldn't be flirting with women if I want to work here.

After that, I cannot talk to her. This girl wanted to chat with me twice but I couldn't talk to her other than say hello and take care. I feel bad too as she is obviously familiar with me and friendly to me. I think she knows I like her too as she's noticed me staring at her often.

At this point, I'm just unhappy. I need this job but at the same time I really like this girl. My infatuation has gotten worse as I get dreams involving us and I dream of being her boyfriend.

What do I do?

BTW I'm 25 years old.
jenerous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Can you not arrange a meeting or talk to her outside of your working hours and location?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jenerous)
Can you not arrange a meeting or talk to her outside of your working hours and location?
I am not good in spoken English. Also I don't really know if she likes me back. She does like talking to me and she also looks at me but I'm not sure
jenerous
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am not good in spoken English. Also I don't really know if she likes me back. She does like talking to me and she also looks at me but I'm not sure
How is it going to work then?
If you want to pursue this any further, you have to know whether she does reciprocate your feelings in the first place or not. Otherwise, it's pointless.
Anonymous #1
How is it going to work then?
If you want to pursue this any further, you have to know whether she does reciprocate your feelings in the first place or not. Otherwise, it's pointless.
I was expecting her to give me her number thought all the staring will make her understand how much I like her :/
jenerous
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was expecting her to give me her number thought all the staring will make her understand how much I like her :/
Are you serious? So anyone you stare at should give you their number?
Flirting and staring does not show how much you like her. If anything, it shows unprofessional behaviour at best, and the way you've put it, creepy at worst.

Also, she probably gets this more often than you think, so she might as well be used to it and brushed it off.
Anonymous #1
Are you serious? So anyone you stare at should give you their number?
Flirting and staring does not show how much you like her. If anything, it shows unprofessional behaviour at best, and the way you've put it, creepy at worst.

Also, she probably gets this more often than you think, so she might as well be used to it and brushed it off.
Why is it coming off as creepy? I can't help myself. When she pays by the till, I end up staring . I dont know what to do.
Anonymous #1
Any more replies?
Anonymous #1
Hello???
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That's creep tactics also pretty sure no one can read minds.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
That's creep tactics also pretty sure no one can read minds.
Why are you saying this is creepy?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why are you saying this is creepy?
Because someone constantly staring at you is unnerving?
barnet1471
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Work and relationships seldom mix. Enjoy working with her but don't pursue a relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by barnet1471)
Work and relationships seldom mix. Enjoy working with her but don't pursue a relationship.
She's a customer not worker
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
¿Te gustaría que te diéramos consejos en castellano?
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
¿Te gustaría que te diéramos consejos en castellano?
Spoiler:
Show
would you like us to give you advice in Spanish?
Yes will work
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This thread is all quite amusing.

1) You have an absolute phallus of a colleague if she got a manager involved (unless you were neglecting other duties but we all know places during the Pandemic were generally not rammed).

2) The stare (if you make eye contact) and smile (if she does smile back) actually works so those of you thinking he's creepy (though OP should really approach rather than stand there for an hour) are missing out.

But seriously OP, you probably are getting too attached. Approach her directly or move on.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Write your number on a cup and give it to her.
Bushyasta
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I work full time as a waiter. My job is working behind tills as well handing out food and drinks. I have been working at this place for 1 year. I come from a poor background so I work lot of hours during the weeks, sometimes taking off or working shorter hours to do other things.
My job means a lot to me and I send money back to my family who live in Spain.

Everything was okay at my job until a female university student started visiting us. Our policy requires no indoor seating and use of face masks but when I saw her, I felt she was cute and her eyes were really pretty. I didn't give much thought , sometimes I looked over at her but had not seen her face so didn't really care much.

However, the more she visited, the more I got drawn to her. Then I saw her full face and was so captivated as she is very beautiful. Ultimately, I have now developed a full blown infatuation towards her. The infatuation got so desperate that I ended up losing track of how I was behaving.

I made the mistake of flirting with her twice in front of my colleagues. While the first girl, did not say anything as it was a regular chat, the second one confronted me, saying why was I starting unnecessary talks with her. She got the team manager involved who told me I shouldn't be flirting with women if I want to work here.

After that, I cannot talk to her. This girl wanted to chat with me twice but I couldn't talk to her other than say hello and take care. I feel bad too as she is obviously familiar with me and friendly to me. I think she knows I like her too as she's noticed me staring at her often.

At this point, I'm just unhappy. I need this job but at the same time I really like this girl. My infatuation has gotten worse as I get s*x dreams involving us and I dream of being her boyfriend.

What do I do?

BTW I'm 25 years old.
Tell her. There is nothing you can potentially loose. Probably make a comment that you find her interesting and cute and ask her if she wants to go out sometime for a drink.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rakas21)
This thread is all quite amusing.

1) You have an absolute phallus of a colleague if she got a manager involved (unless you were neglecting other duties but we all know places during the Pandemic were generally not rammed).

2) The stare (if you make eye contact) and smile (if she does smile back) actually works so those of you thinking he's creepy (though OP should really approach rather than stand there for an hour) are missing out.

But seriously OP, you probably are getting too attached. Approach her directly or move on.
1. We all were making drinks and I noticed her come in. I wasn't behind the till so felt I wouldn't be able to speak to her. I was off for 4 days so hadn't seen her. So I left my job while others were doing it and went next to the colleague taking her orders and began asking her how she's doing and how it's such a beautiful day. She was also talking then she moved away and I start taking orders.But the coworker on the till didn't like I especially came to talk to her and asked me why was I asking her frivolous things like the weather etc. I tried telling her that I know the girl and she's also friendly to me but she didn't like it.

2. She has noticed defo and has smiled back but I just keep staring :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads