The Student Room Group

Fallen in "love" at my job?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I really need this job so I decided that I can at least watch if I can't speak. I did little things for her too, like she asked for a berry smoothie, but I went back to my checkout to buy frappe too, so I took her smoothie from our other waiter to give it to her :/

Mirar puedes, pero intenta hacerlo de forma sutil y evita hacerlo fijamente para que no te tachen de baboso. Es una pena porque hablar con ella mientras trabajas mejoraría tu inglés.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Y como han dicho otros, es completamente normal que digas más que hola en tu profesión y parece mentira que tus colegas no lo sepan o que les igual. No como soportas trabajar con ellas, la verdad.

Spoiler

Jealousy by an older coworker who probably hasn't been with a man for sometime now... Plus the frustration of not getting hit by anyone.
Original post by Bushyasta
Jealousy by an older coworker who probably hasn't been with a man for sometime now... Plus the frustration of not getting hit by anyone.

Lol :lol:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lol :lol:

It could be very true that's why I suggested that our friend has an open eye when sexually frustrated women are around.. It's likely that this older coworker doesn't have it at all she sees what is going on and then it's the female jealousy they kicks in. Imagine how happy she would have been if our friend had satisfied her needs...
It could be very true that's why I suggested that our friend has an open eye when sexually frustrated women are around.. It's likely that this older coworker doesn't have it at all she sees what is going on and then it's the female jealousy they kicks in. Imagine how happy she would have been if our friend had satisfied her needs...

Orrrr...

She’s sick and tired of doing all the work while he thinks it’s okay to go round flirting with customers being unprofessional, not working....
just a thought.
Original post by GabiAbi84
Orrrr...

She’s sick and tired of doing all the work while he thinks it’s okay to go round flirting with customers being unprofessional, not working....
just a thought.

Or...

She is sexually frustrated and jealous that she doesn't get any attention while her colleague goes around and flirts with some other girl or girls.. This is female jealousy and it plays a lot in the workplace.
I am sure if he was flirting with her instead of the girl she wouldn't have any problem at all...
Or...

She is sexually frustrated and jealous that she doesn't get any attention while her colleague goes around and flirts with some other girl or girls.. This is female jealousy and it plays a lot in the workplace.
I am sure if he was flirting with her instead of the girl she wouldn't have any problem at all...

Ahahaha nah, don’t think so.
Ahahaha nah, don’t think so.

But it's likely to be true given the circumstances. Sexual frustrated women have an abnormal behaviour.
But it's likely to be true given the circumstances. Sexual frustrated women have an abnormal behaviour.

“The circumstances”

What circumstances? She’s working at her job, he’s doing no work- obviously she must be sexually frustrated... ?? How is that likely?
“The circumstances”

What circumstances? She’s working at her job, he’s doing no work- obviously she must be sexually frustrated... ?? How is that likely?

I think both are working normally. The flirting only lasts for a few minutes whenever the other girl is there. A tiny proportion of time in comparison with how much time they spend working. Hence it's likely she is jealous as she is not hit by anyone and because the other girl is more pretty. If he was giving her attention or could satisfy her needs then things would have been very different.
I think both are working normally. The flirting only lasts for a few minutes whenever the other girl is there. A tiny proportion of time in comparison with how much time they spend working. Hence it's likely she is jealous as she is not hit by anyone and because the other girl is more pretty. If he was giving her attention or could satisfy her needs then things would have been very different.

You have a very warped view of the world.

That is not what’s happening.
You have a very warped view of the world.

That is not what’s happening.

I think my view is fine and what I have said gave some merits although I can't be sure as I am not there.

If you were there and a male colleague of yours wasn't giving you any attention but was flirting with all other girls, would you be frustrated?
I think my view is fine and what I have said gave some merits although I can't be sure as I am not there.

If you were there and a male colleague of yours wasn't giving you any attention but was flirting with all other girls, would you be frustrated?

That he wasn’t doing any work?-yes.
That he wasn’t flirting with me? -no.
That he wasn’t doing any work?-yes.
That he wasn’t flirting with me? -no.

You know the flirting doesn't last for hours. Only for a few minutes. So someone to be bothered for a few minutes of flirting someone else is engaging to while doing his job, is a little odd... If the other colleague was a male I don't think he would have been bothered if his male colleague was flirting with s girl.

What if you were there and you liked this guy but still wasn't giving you attention and instead was flirting with other girls..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending