Psychology a level-any opinions and suggestions

Watch
Bernerditta
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
As you all know we are not having akevel examinations instead they Will be replaced by many assessments. However in my school they are having two main exams. In which these two exams will determine your final grade for psychology. I have not gotten a good grade on one of these important examinations I received D. My next exam for psychology is in two weeks end in order to do psychology and university I need an A. Do you think there’s any chance of me getting an A as my final grade taking into account the fact that each of these exams have equal weighting in reference to my final grade.
tptp123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i'm afraid not. you'll have to talk to your teacher and ask if they could use another exam u did as evidence
amyrb11
Badges: 4
Report 3 weeks ago
even if you absolutely blew it out of the water with an a*, you probably should still talk to a teacher
Bernerditta
Rep:
?
Hi guys thanks for replying to my post. I just want to say that this is just a speculation I got a D but because he said the Grade boundaries are lower it is now a see how ever do you guys still think I would be able to Get A as my final grade. I also made them aware of my extenuating circumstances at home during my exam period which lets me not to be able to perform my best and you guys further commented and said that I should talk to them about it and I wants to know what specifically should I say to them I don’t really know exactly what to do.And again thank you for answering my post .
tptp123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bernerditta)
Hi guys thanks for replying to my post. I just want to say that this is just a speculation I got a D but because he said the Grade boundaries are lower it is now a see how ever do you guys still think I would be able to Get A as my final grade. I also made them aware of my extenuating circumstances at home during my exam period which lets me not to be able to perform my best and you guys further commented and said that I should talk to them about it and I wants to know what specifically should I say to them I don’t really know exactly what to do.And again thank you for answering my post .
Oh i see, i assumed from ur post u got a D, but if you got a B or maybe a C for example, your grade could possibly average to A/B
Ask them if it is possible they could use exams you did earlier in the year as evidence for your grade, after u explain ur circumstances
Bernerditta
Rep:
?
(Original post by tptp123)
Oh i see, i assumed from ur post u got a D, but if you got a B or maybe a C for example, your grade could possibly average to A/B
Ask them if it is possible they could use exams you did earlier in the year as evidence for your grade, after u explain ur circumstances
No offence there not great either so I guess I’m stuck I don’t even feel motivated to go to school anymore and just gave up (I’m at home rn)because I don’t feel like I have a chance I have never been smart from a young age and always needed assistance of some sort ie extra support from the school .
tptp123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bernerditta)
No offence there not great either so I guess I’m stuck I don’t even feel motivated to go to school anymore and just gave up (I’m at home rn)because I don’t feel like I have a chance I have never been smart from a young age and always needed assistance of some sort ie extra support from the school .
I believe people who aren’t happy with their grades can take their exams in autumn, like last year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (192)
74.71%
No (65)
25.29%

Watched Threads