The Student Room Group

Final Year Medical School SFE

Hi,

I'll be entering my Final Year of medical school in London on August and I wanted to know how much Student Finance I will receive. I will be married by the time I start the course and living away from parents. I will also receive NHS bursary and they will fund my tuition fees.

I just wanted to know how much the maximum maintenance I will receive and if there are other avenues offered be Student Finance, means-tested loans perhaps, that I can also apply for.

Thanks
Original post by ultimatesword
Hi,

I'll be entering my Final Year of medical school in London on August and I wanted to know how much Student Finance I will receive. I will be married by the time I start the course and living away from parents. I will also receive NHS bursary and they will fund my tuition fees.

I just wanted to know how much the maximum maintenance I will receive and if there are other avenues offered be Student Finance, means-tested loans perhaps, that I can also apply for.

Thanks

Hi, you will be able to apply for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan, you can view the figures at the top of page 7 here. This is non means tested.
https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1833/ssin-financial-memorandum-for-2021.pdf
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, you will be able to apply for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan, you can view the figures at the top of page 7 here. This is non means tested.
https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1833/ssin-financial-memorandum-for-2021.pdf
Thanks, Isaac

Great, thanks Isaac. Just wanted to ask. Can I also apply for a means-tested bursary via Student Finance England too? Or is that not possible?
Original post by ultimatesword
Great, thanks Isaac. Just wanted to ask. Can I also apply for a means-tested bursary via Student Finance England too? Or is that not possible?

We don't offer any bursary but you could ask the NHS or your university if you are entitled to any bursary.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending