Meggggggggggg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#1
I've confirmed my firm and insurance choice to Uni about a month ago with the hopes I will get into my firm (I only decided a few months before I started year 2 that I actually wanted to go to uni this year and had previously planned to stay at college an extra year (or two).

To go to my firm I need an ABB and one of my subjects I'm currently not at that level. I'm now worried that the insurance choice isn't for me because it's further away than I would've liked.

However, I confirmed these placements before I realised I didn't want to get student accommodation (and would be too expensive to travel up every day).

I was wondering how possible it would be when I get my results, if they're not an ABB, to cancel my insurance choice and go back to college for the extra two years or whether it wouldn't be worth it?

Or, an alternative would be to appeal the grades, but even then I don't think I would be prepared enough to sit an exam. I do not really want to go into clearing as there isn't anywhere else I would like to go that is cheap enough for me to afford to travel there every day.

Any advice is much appreciated.
0
reply
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#2
Report 2 weeks ago
#2
You can withdraw from ucas at any point if you decide you don’t want to go to university yet.

Alternatively you can ask ucas to swap your replies so swap your insurance for another of your declined offers. Because it’s more than 14 days ago you would need to call ucas and ask if they have agreement from the universities to approve swaps. If they don’t then you might need to ring your current and new insurance choice to ask them to agree to the swap.
0
reply
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#3
Report 2 weeks ago
#3
(Original post by Meggggggggggg)
I've confirmed my firm and insurance choice to Uni about a month ago with the hopes I will get into my firm (I only decided a few months before I started year 2 that I actually wanted to go to uni this year and had previously planned to stay at college an extra year (or two).

To go to my firm I need an ABB and one of my subjects I'm currently not at that level. I'm now worried that the insurance choice isn't for me because it's further away than I would've liked.

However, I confirmed these placements before I realised I didn't want to get student accommodation (and would be too expensive to travel up every day).

I was wondering how possible it would be when I get my results, if they're not an ABB, to cancel my insurance choice and go back to college for the extra two years or whether it wouldn't be worth it?

Or, an alternative would be to appeal the grades, but even then I don't think I would be prepared enough to sit an exam. I do not really want to go into clearing as there isn't anywhere else I would like to go that is cheap enough for me to afford to travel there every day.

Any advice is much appreciated.
If you don't get into your Firm choice uni but do get into your Insurance, you could decline the offer and apply to unis closer to home in Clearing instead.
0
reply
Isinglass
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
#4
Report 2 weeks ago
#4
What would you be studying if you stayed at college? If you are in England, there is a limit to how much time at sixth form or college is funded and usually your entitlement would end once you have taken A levels or another level 3 qualification e.g. BTEC extended diploma.
0
reply
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
#5
Report 2 weeks ago
#5
Look at swapping your Firm and Insurance - easy to do, just phone UCAS to start the process.
0
reply
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#6
Report 2 weeks ago
#6
(Original post by McGinger)
Look at swapping your Firm and Insurance - easy to do, just phone UCAS to start the process.
They don't want to go to their Insurance though
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (85)
36.02%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (38)
16.1%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (10)
4.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (24)
10.17%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (29)
12.29%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (28)
11.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
9.32%

Watched Threads

View All