?
Report 2 weeks ago
Which university are you at?
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We have been clearly told if we don’t submit we get zero. Also not to wait to last minute to submit and we can email it to someone if technical difficulties.
(Which you’d do before the end of the exam)
Did the technology issue affect others or just you?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by boringblobking)
I have recently been given a 0 for one of my online exams at university due to technical difficulties that meant I was unable to submit the exam before the end of exam time. Unfortunately this was quite an important exam and will likely have a big effect on my grade this year.

I think that although I was partly to blame, the university is also partly at fault. So currently I'm trying to dispute the issue with them, hoping they will do something to make this a bit more fair such as not weighting the exam towards my grade or allowing me to resit but they don't seem too keen to do much right now.

So if it comes down to it, given that the university was partly responsible for the fault that happened, would I be able to take legal action to get my university to do something to make this more fair?
Right, ok so it's a non submission due to techinical difficulites right? If you knew you'd be unable to submit why did you not apply for an extention or deferral?
boringblobking
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Right, ok so it's a non submission due to techinical difficulites right? If you knew you'd be unable to submit why did you not apply for an extention or deferral?
I didn't know I wouldn't be able to submit, infact I thought that I had submitted however the submission was unsuccessful.
boringblobking
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)
We have been clearly told if we don’t submit we get zero. Also not to wait to last minute to submit and we can email it to someone if technical difficulties.
(Which you’d do before the end of the exam)
Did the technology issue affect others or just you?
I don't know how many people were affected. The problem was I submitted but I only found out after the test that my submission failed
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We get an email immediatky to confirm submission (and a reference number) so until you get that, you are not safe and should be considering emailing it as well. Did you normally get something similar to that?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (52)
75.36%
No (17)
24.64%

Watched Threads