The Student Room Group

What do I do?? Please help

Me and my boyfriend are going through a difficult stage.

I'm 15, 16 this year and hes 16, 17 this year (please dont blame this on our age because we have both been through a lot more than many couples and we are usually super strong).

He was with his friends and message his ex as a joke ''You're sexy'' and his friend told me he did it and he tried denying it and putting me down for believing it, he then admitted to it saying he accidently sent it to her when it was meant to go for me, THEN, he admitted to doing it because it was 'banta with the boys'. I told him he is extremely immature and is clearly not a joke because if he felt like he had to lie to me about it then he knew it would of irratate me. I've tried talking to him about it and he said ''Ive said sorry what the f* else do you want me to do'' then I said to him to do what he wants to do but I refuse to be treated like a mug. Joke or not, it's not funny, how is texting your ex ''your sexy'' a joke?

Anyway he's now apologising and saying started bringing up stuff like, ''i love you, you're the one I want to have my children, you're the one I want to wake up too etc'' and then he said he would give me all his passwords if i didnt trust him and hes gonna delete his socials because im ''all that matters to him'' and I said I shouldn't have to feel like I need his socials in order to trust him and it should come naturally.

Me and him have been through so much together and we really have an unbreakable bond but this is now in the back of my head and my guts telling me not to trust him..
what would you do?
in all honesty it seems like he does not care about your feelings at all. i understand that it might be hard to accept but he did something wrong, denied any wrongdoing, attempted to dismiss it as nothing and when none of that worked he tried to blame you. the only reason he's apologising now is because he's realising he might lose you but there is no guarantee that he won't do this or try to get with his ex for "bantz" again. the fact that he jumped straight to saying he'd delete his socials is a massive red flag.

if after all this you still choose to forgive him then i can't stop you, but be prepared to cut things off immediately if he ever does anything similar again.
i'm not telling you to break up because i know it's difficult, but i think maybe taking some time apart to think through things may be best. and tell him how what he did made you feel. if you can communicate well and he genuinely regrets his actions that would be best.

best of luck, i know this must be stressful but i hope you can work something out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending