keele uni accommodation- Help!

Watch this thread
filipalcr
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm an international student (hopefully) going to my 2year and I chose to apply to on-campus accommodation again cause with the online classes I basically stayed 2months tops at the uni and I wanted the experience...
I applied for a shared flat at Barnes but now I'm second-guessing my decision! Can anyone tell me if it's any good? Is the en-suites at Barnes worth the money? And what the difference between en suites at holly Cross and at Barnes? Overall can someone please just tell me which one they think is the best one 😅
Last edited by filipalcr; 1 year ago
Keele Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by filipalcr)
I'm an international student (hopefully) going to my 2year and I chose to apply to on-campus accommodation again cause with the online classes I basically stayed 2months tops at the uni and I wanted the experience...
I applied for a shared flat at Barnes but now I'm second-guessing my decision! Can anyone tell me if it's any good? Is the en-suites at Barnes worth the money? And what the difference between en suites at holly Cross and at Barnes? Overall can someone please just tell me which one they think is the best one 😅
Hi filipalcr ! I am really sorry to hear that; unfortunately its been a similar situation for all of us due to the numerous lockdowns the UK has been through! Fingers crossed things will be a bit more normal next year!

I lived in the en-suite flats in Barnes in my first year. I think one of the nicest things about these flats are the big kitchens! I believe these flats have the biggest kitchens and is shared by 8 people. Furthermore, both the Barnes Y and Z blocks are really new (think they opened sometime in 2017) and the Barnes W and X blocks were renovated last summer. I haven't really been into Holly Cross and the Oaks myself but I have heard that the kitchens there are smaller than the ones in Barnes. However these kitchens are shared among 4 students and 8 students share the diner area. Other than that, I believe the rooms in these blocks are quite similar to the en-suites in Barnes and both have double/ 3/4 beds.

The shared flats in Barnes are quite nice because you do only share a bathroom and kitchen with 4 people. However the kitchens in these flats are smaller than the ones in the Barnes en-suites because it is shared by half the number of people. The rooms in these flats are smaller as well and have single beds.

I hope this gives you a better idea of why the room prices are different and what each block has to offer!
Eleanorgrace22
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Keele Students)
Hi filipalcr ! I am really sorry to hear that; unfortunately its been a similar situation for all of us due to the numerous lockdowns the UK has been through! Fingers crossed things will be a bit more normal next year!

I lived in the en-suite flats in Barnes in my first year. I think one of the nicest things about these flats are the big kitchens! I believe these flats have the biggest kitchens and is shared by 8 people. Furthermore, both the Barnes Y and Z blocks are really new (think they opened sometime in 2017) and the Barnes W and X blocks were renovated last summer. I haven't really been into Holly Cross and the Oaks myself but I have heard that the kitchens there are smaller than the ones in Barnes. However these kitchens are shared among 4 students and 8 students share the diner area. Other than that, I believe the rooms in these blocks are quite similar to the en-suites in Barnes and both have double/ 3/4 beds.

The shared flats in Barnes are quite nice because you do only share a bathroom and kitchen with 4 people. However the kitchens in these flats are smaller than the ones in the Barnes en-suites because it is shared by half the number of people. The rooms in these flats are smaller as well and have single beds.

I hope this gives you a better idea of why the room prices are different and what each block has to offer!
Hi there,

I am staying on keele campus for 10 days over summer and am in Barnes X - are these rooms the same as barnes Y/Z in terms of modern-ness? Like a double bed, large desk, en-suite? I can’t find any photos anywhere, only before they were refurbished.

thanks!!
Keele Students
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Eleanorgrace22)
Hi there,

I am staying on keele campus for 10 days over summer and am in Barnes X - are these rooms the same as barnes Y/Z in terms of modern-ness? Like a double bed, large desk, en-suite? I can’t find any photos anywhere, only before they were refurbished.

thanks!!
Hi! I don't have any photos and I've never personally been inside but the website say they have 3/4 beds instead of double. They are still ensuite superior rooms like Barnes Y and Z. This is the link to where I found the information about the rooms. Hope this helps!
https://www.keele.ac.uk/accommodatio...d-in-your-room
Eleanorgrace22
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Keele Students)
Hi! I don't have any photos and I've never personally been inside but the website say they have 3/4 beds instead of double. They are still ensuite superior rooms like Barnes Y and Z. This is the link to where I found the information about the rooms. Hope this helps!
https://www.keele.ac.uk/accommodatio...d-in-your-room
Thank you for the help!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads