Can I choose to resit my second year at uni?

Watch
RobbieH125
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I know now may not be the time to be thinking about resitting the year considering this one's not even over, but I've had a year absolutely riddled with issues, from mental health, to financial and technical issues . And as a result I am genuinely months behind at uni and at this point the only way I can ever see myself passing my course is if I were to redo the year from the beginning. Would there be a way to apply to resit the year before the year is over, and would i have a chance of that being accepted?

For reference, my university know about my exenuating circumstances already if that helps.
AHKS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RobbieH125)
I know now may not be the time to be thinking about resitting the year considering this one's not even over, but I've had a year absolutely riddled with issues, from mental health, to financial and technical issues . And as a result I am genuinely months behind at uni and at this point the only way I can ever see myself passing my course is if I were to redo the year from the beginning. Would there be a way to apply to resit the year before the year is over, and would i have a chance of that being accepted?

For reference, my university know about my exenuating circumstances already if that helps.
If your uni already knows then try and speak to your personal tutor - they will be able to both tell you the options available but also give you personal context (I e. Give some idea on where your marks are sitting and if it is worth retaking a year or not).
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RobbieH125)

Hey RobbieH125 yeah I definitely agree with AHKS on this one- reaching out to your personal tutor/course co-ordinator is the best start. They'll be able to explain your next steps and the university procedures for resits if you need to use them. It's good that they're already aware of your circumstances as this will hopefully prevent you from having to re-explain and justify yourself over and over, but there may still be a process to follow where they'll ask for some form of proof too.

On another note, I really hope you're ok! This past year has been awful and I know it's been really hard for university students I hope you're doing good and are able to tackle your next year of studies in a better place :hugs:

Take care,
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (97)
72.39%
No (37)
27.61%

Watched Threads