What Do You Miss About School?

Watch
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My dad told me when I was a kid that "school days are the best days of your life". Although it's quite a cliche thing to say, he's spot on as far as I'm concerned. I miss the structure, I miss being around people, I miss learning, I miss the silliness, I miss the feeling that I meant something and had a proving ground in which to prove myself.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I miss sitting in French and just chatting my way through the entire class.

I miss the silly arguments and spontaneous fights, because it meant wasting the drama lesson writing witness statements instead of having to do any actual drama.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nothing at all.
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nothing, absolutely nothing. It was horrible.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Nothing, absolutely nothing. It was horrible.
Would you mind saying why it was horrible for you?
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
Would you mind saying why it was horrible for you?
A lot of people were rude to me and I didn’t enjoy most subjects at all.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I miss the teachers that told me that I couldn't achieve things that I wanted to try achieving.

The unstable boys that could flip into bullying mode that I tried my best to avoid.

The mickey taking pupils that would pick on anything to belittle me and other people.

Playing rugby on freezing cold winter days on muddy pitches and getting tackled by someone twice my weight.

Getting detentions for turning up 10 minutes late, even though I was in time for my actual first lesson of the day.

Getting home and having hours of homework to do.

School lunches.

Being at an age where I had to either live with my mum or be taken into care by the local council.

The stress of preparing for and sitting exams...

NOT.

For 3 years I did have an attractive English teacher that encouraged the class to write imaginative interesting stuff. She focused more on us writing well in adult life than in getting top grades in public exams. I'd be happy to meet up with her again to give her a hug and a thanks.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
Perhaps my positive outlook on my school experiences makes me miss it a lot. I didn't get bullied much, got on well with teachers, never got a detention and most of my difficulties had to do with certain things I wasn't allowed to do like Rugby and using the stairs-although there were times I went against what I was told.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Secondary school was nothing but tolerable toxicity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (96)
72.18%
No (37)
27.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed