The Student Room Group

pole at uni

I am in my first year but haven't joined any societies because they are not really running right now. I've always wanted to join pole fitness but I'm really not that fit I don't think id be able to hold myself up for that long. any advice on what I can do to become good for when I am able to go to a pole fitness class and so I wouldn't seem like a complete beginner.
I’d say that most people joining pole fitness would be new to it so you probably won’t stand out at all!!! I’d say work on your core and upper body strength :smile: there are a lot of home workout vids on YouTube you can use for that xxx
Original post by Anonymous
I am in my first year but haven't joined any societies because they are not really running right now. I've always wanted to join pole fitness but I'm really not that fit I don't think id be able to hold myself up for that long. any advice on what I can do to become good for when I am able to go to a pole fitness class and so I wouldn't seem like a complete beginner.

Hello!

I did a few Pole fitness classes in first year and loved it! I had never done anything like it before, but that is perfectly fine as they will expect people to start from all different levels so I really wouldn't worry :smile: You could always look on YouTube for core strength/ab workouts or upper body fitness videos, but Pole is great for all round fitness. I would start with an open mind as there will be lots of beginners like yourself.

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest