Sinon03
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Could I become an accountant by doing a ‘business management & accounting and finance’ degree? Like it combines both business management with accounting and finance?
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sinon03)
Could I become an accountant by doing a ‘business management & accounting and finance’ degree? Like it combines both business management with accounting and finance?
Technically to become an accountant, you would need to do an accounting qualification with an accounting body e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA. The entry requirements are usually a level 3 qualification i.e. your A Levels are fine (you could have alternatively done AAT Level 3 & 4 to get exemptions on a number of modules).

The business management and accounting and finance degree would help you get the exemptions on modules in the accounting qualifications, albeit an expensive way to get them. You would only be allowed up to 9 exemptions depending on the modules you pick. Some of the accounting modules would require you to have 2 uni modules in order for you to get the exemption (if you only choose one of the 2, you won't be eligible for exemption on that particular module).
The places I would check first are the accounting bodies' websites to check their exemption calculator and look up the relevant modules for the particular course you intend to apply for.
Last edited by MindMax2000; 3 months ago
John Bull
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yes, you don't need to do an accounting undergraduate degree to become an accountant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (62)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.32%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.95%
I'm really nervous (54)
19.42%

Watched Threads