helpme111
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
For a solving differential equation questions in maths A level will I need to learn finding areas and the trampezium rule? What are the main things I should revise for a differential equations and modelling differential equation questions?
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by helpme111)
For a solving differential equation questions in maths A level will I need to learn finding areas and the trampezium rule? What are the main things I should revise for a differential equations and modelling differential equation questions?
It's usually expected in A Level maths papers. However, I'd check the exam body's specs to be sure. If they say it's a learning objective or it's something they mention being important, yes. You should also check your past exam papers to see if it has been featured. The spec has changed since 2018 for some exam boards, but the bulk of the content has remained more or less the same.
helpme111
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MindMax2000)
It's usually expected in A Level maths papers. However, I'd check the exam body's specs to be sure. If they say it's a learning objective or it's something they mention being important, yes. You should also check your past exam papers to see if it has been featured. The spec has changed since 2018 for some exam boards, but the bulk of the content has remained more or less the same.
The topic is in the spec however for my test tomorrow my teacher told me that an solving differential equations question will be on it so I’m wondering if I need to revise the trampezium rule and area since I don’t wanna waste time if those topics can’t come up in a differential equation question
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by helpme111)
The topic is in the spec however for my test tomorrow my teacher told me that an solving differential equations question will be on it so I’m wondering if I need to revise the trampezium rule and area since I don’t wanna waste time if those topics can’t come up in a differential equation question
I'd revise it just in case. It is on the spec and it has been taught.
Even if it doesn't appear, it puts your mind at ease.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads