GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by evalorose222)
I'm not sure they've released it but I emailed admissions and cut off for RUK last year was 2830. Can attach a photo of the email if anyone would like to see. Pretty gutted as looks like no interview for me this year
No, that was my estimate, but I have been accused of making it up, so grateful for official confirmation, thank you 😊
evalorose222
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by abh27sss)
Wow, I'm surprised. Yes, please, thank you.
Here ya go. Sorry to be bearer of bad news. If you’re a Scottish applicant it’ll be lower though
dinomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
No, that was my estimate, but I have been accused of making it up, so grateful for official confirmation, thank you 😊
the fact that your estimate was exactly correct just proves you are the god of med admissions
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dinomedic)
the fact that your estimate was exactly correct just proves you are the god of med admissions
Hardly! But my aim is genuinely to try and help people apply to the most suitable place for their stats, not to make stuff up to stop everyone applying! I need more colleagues!!
Duzl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Here ya go. Sorry to be bearer of bad news. If you’re a Scottish applicant it’ll be lower though
welp,I have a 2800 UCAT and I changed Barts to this after submitting my application. :afraid:
Revoli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know how they shortlist for interview?

I can't seem to find any information on their site
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Revoli)
Does anyone know how they shortlist for interview?

I can't seem to find any information on their site
UCAT, provided you have a B GCSE in English and AAA predicted in the right subjects
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Would applying with 2650 be risky for Glasgow
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
Would applying with 2650 be risky for Glasgow
Cut off last year was 2830 for RUK
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Cut off last year was 2830 for RUK
I think I was thinking of Edinburgh! I keep getting the two mixed up.

I was wanting to find out if Edinburgh was risky
dinomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think I was thinking of Edinburgh! I keep getting the two mixed up.

I was wanting to find out if Edinburgh was risky
edinburgh cut off was >3000 with perfect stats
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
edinburgh cut off was >3000 with perfect stats
no way! I read that their lowest interviewed was 2400 and that the average was like 2660 or something?? and that they invite like the top 700 but only 190 spaces available with less for RUK
dinomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no way! I read that their lowest interviewed was 2400 and that the average was like 2660 or something?? and that they invite like the top 700 but only 190 spaces available with less for RUK
maybe they were scottish applicants? not sure what stats they needed for interview. last year people with perfect gcses and a levels, and 3000+ ucat were being rejected pre interview. absolute insanity
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
maybe they were scottish applicants? not sure what stats they needed for interview. last year people with perfect gcses and a levels, and 3000+ ucat were being rejected pre interview. absolute insanity
Bloody Hell, stats are insane everywhere tbf thank you for letting me know, I was going to steer clear anyway seeing as it's common sense for most RUK students to basically just not apply as preference is given.

Uclan only give preference to people of the north west of England which is barbaric? Talk about north and south divide ahaaa (not to piss anyone it's not their reasoning just me being cynical)
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Bloody Hell, stats are insane everywhere tbf thank you for letting me know, I was going to steer clear anyway seeing as it's common sense for most RUK students to basically just not apply as preference is given.

Uclan only give preference to people of the north west of England which is barbaric? Talk about north and south divide ahaaa (not to piss anyone it's not their reasoning just me being cynical)
People from the North of England are underrepresented at med school.
But ARU give extra points for being local, as do Cardiff and I think Aston may, too
Mmed21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Freak121)
Hi All,

I’m new here, I’m a mature student wanting to go back to education and study Medicine at the Uni of Glasgow.

Problem is.. I’m a graduate with a 2:2 😭 I pretty much flunked out of my degree due to lots going on in family at the time but i scraped enough to get a 2:2 instead of leaving the course. My degree isnt in a science subject so my question is as Glasgow requires a 2:1 or above for graduate entry will they still take me if I meet their alevel requirements? My degree is also over 7 years so I need to sit alevels as per their entry requirements

I have children so dont really have the option of applying to other uni’s 😔🙏🏻 so praying and hoping if I get a decent UCAT score and alevel/higher results they will take me.

Anyone been through this or have experience with it?
I'm at Glasgow uni. I am a graduate and have kids too. Unfortunately, glasgow won't consider a 2.2 unless there is extenuating circumstances but even then I'm not sure. There are other options to get into medicine I'm sure Edinburgh do a medicine programme for hcp.
Finn77
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello,
I tried emailing and phoning Glasgow with this query but have had no response directly from them.
I have 5 A's band 1 at higher
7 A's at Nat 5
Studying AH Chemistry, AH Maths, AH Physics and also a crash Higher in Biology.
UCAT 2890
SJ Band 1

Will I be filtered out by Glasgow University selection as I don't already have higher biology?
I am predicted AAA at AH and A for higher biology?

If I am filtered out by the system is Edinburgh a possibility?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by Finn77; 2 weeks ago
abh27sss
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Finn77)
Hello,
I tried emailing and phoning Glasgow with this query but have had no response directly from them.
I have 5 A's band 1 at higher
7 A's at Nat 5
Studying AH Chemistry, AH Maths, AH Physics and also a crash Higher in Biology.
UCAT 2890
SJ Band 1

Will I be filtered out by Glasgow University selection as I don't already have higher biology?
I am predicted AAA at AH and A for higher biology?

If I am filtered out by the system is Edinburgh a possibility?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.
I think you should be fine. I'm also doing higher biology and chemistry this year as a graduate. They can give you a conditional offer.
Finn77
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by abh27sss)
I think you should be fine. I'm also doing higher biology and chemistry this year as a graduate. They can give you a conditional offer.
Thank you, that's reassuring
nigachoro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh dear…sounds like I could be wasting an option. Do you imagine this years UKCAT cut offs will increase as dramatically again as they did last year? Not that I’d base anything off that, just curious what your estimates are.
Hi there, is this for both grads and school leavers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads