Mmed21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nigachoro)
Hi there, is this for both grads and school leavers?
I think my ucat cutoff as a grad applying last year was the same as school leavers.
nigachoro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mmed21)
I think my ucat cutoff as a grad applying last year was the same as school leavers.
gosh darn that is such a high cut off. probably will be risky applying there, i have 2860
Mmed21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nigachoro)
gosh darn that is such a high cut off. probably will be risky applying there, i have 2860
My ucat was 2770.
Why_am_i_here
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Looking for some advice, this is my first post so please be kind.

My child has a UCAT score of 2850 and is looking to apply to any four of Newcastle, Bristol, Barts, St Georges, Southampton or Glasgow. OK with minimum requirements for New Castle and Bristol, however for the other options is missing the grade 6 for English language.

Can an application be made with predicted English language or will the application be automatically rejected?

We have tried to call admissions but difficult to get through at the moment, they appear very very busy. So difficult to advise without limited knowledge as all schools have different rules. Any advice will be welcome.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Why_am_i_here)
Hi Looking for some advice, this is my first post so please be kind.

My child has a UCAT score of 2850 and is looking to apply to any four of Newcastle, Bristol, Barts, St Georges, Southampton or Glasgow. OK with minimum requirements for New Castle and Bristol, however for the other options is missing the grade 6 for English language.

Can an application be made with predicted English language or will the application be automatically rejected?

We have tried to call admissions but difficult to get through at the moment, they appear very very busy. So difficult to advise without limited knowledge as all schools have different rules. Any advice will be welcome.
I have SGUL on my mental list that definitely accepts GCSE resits, but not any of the others.
I have seen that Glasgow say they will accept a 5 in Eng Lang if you offer a 6 in Eng Lit?
Duzl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For the people who applied here, have you received a confirmation from Glasgow that they got your application?
Leo577
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Worth applying? Scottish student

UCAT 2660
VR 630
DM 690
QR 670
AR 670
SJT 2
2:1 Open University Natural Sciences
School grades what would have allowed me to apply to medicine as a school leaver
Relevant work experience
lastlullabyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/Media_813969_smxx.pdf

Glasgow have updated their UCAT admissions data for the last cycle
Leo577
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My ucat of 2660 feels as though it’ll come just under their threshold based on last year
Why_am_i_here
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lastlullabyy)

Thank you for this. Rest of UK up from 2680 to 2830. Lower for international/EU students.
isabelle_04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lastlullabyy)

Praying the cut off stays the same, I've got a score of 2710 so only just above
AliceKS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
is it true that there's only 15 RUK places for Glasgow? Does this make it a risky choice if you have a ~2900 UCAT? Asking for a friend before anyone who's seen me on other forums asks about my fluctuating ucat score
abh27sss
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AliceKS)
is it true that there's only 15 RUK places for Glasgow? Does this make it a risky choice if you have a ~2900 UCAT? Asking for a friend before anyone who's seen me on other forums asks about my fluctuating ucat score
Reading from the table, they gave 111 offers to RUK so I reckon they have 111 places?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AliceKS)
(Original post by abh27sss)
Reading from the table, they gave 111 offers to RUK so I reckon they have 111 places?
38 RUK places is what they are allocated by the Scottish Government.
15 is for Dundee
21 Aberdeen
59 Edinburgh
39 St Andrews
abh27sss
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
38 RUK places is what they are allocated by the Scottish Government.
15 is for Dundee
21 Aberdeen
59 Edinburgh
39 St Andrews
Is the figure for 2022 entry? Last year 50 people accepted the offers. What are they going to do with the extra 12 students?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by abh27sss)
Is the figure for 2022 entry? Last year 50 people accepted the offers. What are they going to do with the extra 12 students?
They all got extra funding for the last 2 years to deal with the extras from massive CAG and TAG grade inflation. Not sure that is going to happen this year, yet it has been announced grade inflation will continue, albeit at a lower rate, so will they make fewer offers to account for this? And if planning that, will they interview fewer to keep interview to offer ratios up, or will they interview lots and make a smaller percentage offers? Who knows?
tjm0
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm just submitting my UCAS application now, can anyone tell me if I have to choose to defer now (i.e. in the course section under the year of entry) or if I can do it later on in the process once I fully decide?
lastlullabyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tjm0)
I'm just submitting my UCAS application now, can anyone tell me if I have to choose to defer now (i.e. in the course section under the year of entry) or if I can do it later on in the process once I fully decide?
You can definitely do it now - this is what I did. It might be a bit trickier later.
will queens
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do we think is likely to happen with the UCAT cut offs? I was actually really wanting to go to Glasgow (RUK 2770 UCAT), and I thought mine was relatively okay for it. It is after all above every cut off. Until I saw last years 2830. I guess it's wishful thinking to hope it could go down?
Last edited by will queens; 1 week ago
lastlullabyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by will queens)
What do we think is likely to happen with the UCAT cut offs? I was actually really wanting to go to Glasgow (RUK 2770 UCAT), and I thought mine was relatively okay for it. It is after all above every cut off. Until I saw last years 2830. I guess it's wishful thinking to hope it could go down?
The answer is that no one knows what will happen. It can be lower, similar or higher. If you really want to go to Glasgow and have 3 safer choices, and want to risk it - go for it. But it's totally up to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (47)
13.51%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
26.72%
I'm a bit unsure (61)
17.53%
I'm finding things difficult (117)
33.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.62%

Watched Threads