The Student Room Group

BBC Apprentice 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Billy1289
Just got a phone call saying I have the group assessment and final interview next Wednesday for production management apprenticeship so hopefully hear about the others soon

Congrats!
Reply 381
Anyone on the London Journalism Apprenticeship advanced final stage pulling their hair out a little bit? They emailed on the 20th September saying that we would know by this week
Reply 382
Just got a phone call saying I have the group assessment and final interview next Wednesday for production management apprenticeship so hopefully hear about the others soon

Has anyone else heard back from the London production apprenticeship scheme yet?

Billy, me too but for production fast track. Please update us on Wednesday/Thursday with what type of questions you are asked and how it all went. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by contentjuicer
Billy, me too but for production fast track. Please update us on Wednesday/Thursday with what type of questions you are asked and how it all went. Good luck! :smile:

Congrats! What were your preferences? I’m glad to hear they’re making phone calls rather than emails. Let us know how it goes.

Hey! How did it go? Was the group assessment and interview nerve wracking?
Has anyone that has applied for the production trainee scheme heard anything yet??
Original post by lawquick99
Has anyone that has applied for the production trainee scheme heard anything yet??

I applied with London as preference and still nothing
Original post by rezinka
I applied with London as preference and still nothing

Same here, I’ve even sent them 2 emails asking them wether we will be notified if we’re shortlisted or not (same emails 2 weeks apart) and no reply whatsoever.
Same here, I’ve sent them 2 emails but no reply whatsoever.
Original post by lawquick99
Same here, I’ve sent them 2 emails but no reply whatsoever.

I applied for the bbc 3 department (birmingham) for the trainee scheme but haven’t heard back either :/
(edited 2 years ago)
(no update)
just wanted to check in with yall and ask about who’s taken on new opportunities/gone in to uni since applying. curious about how people have gone about things whilst waiting to hear back. for me I’ve just started a new job!
lmk!
Original post by mdnvmpr
(no update)
just wanted to check in with yall and ask about who’s taken on new opportunities/gone in to uni since applying. curious about how people have gone about things whilst waiting to hear back. for me I’ve just started a new job!
lmk!

I’ve decided to apply to uni as a plan b :/ I’m also having a look at the Channel 4 production training scheme as they have a few opportunities there. The applications close November 8th so just need to find the time to do mine lol. Gonna have a look at other courses/opportunities as well :smile:
Original post by mdnvmpr
(no update)
lmk!

This is my second time applying as last year was cancelled due to the COVID. I applied for Production Trainee Scheme not the apprentice as I have already finished my uni studies. I have a job now which ends in December (how convenient, right?) and I now started to look for another opportunities since January as I can’t afford to just wait for the BBC and then be unemployed next year. Still have my hopes tho!
Original post by mdnvmpr
(no update)
lmk!

I've gone down the self-employed route for the time being. I've also finished my studies, so applied to Glasgow apprenticeship(low living cost) and the production trainee scheme (pays enough to live). Didn't know that channel 4 apps were open, so might give that a go.
Ideally, I just want to hear a yes or a no, then I can start putting more permanent things in place either way. Hopeful, but I also want to be realistic.
I can confirm that interviews for the production apprentice scheme are currently underway or have already been completed. No info on the production trainee scheme because I don't know anybody who applied.

I was not selected for the production apprentice scheme but I know first hand that one of my friends did indeed interview for the Zoom assessment day for the UK scheme recently. She is waiting to hear whether she succeeded or not.

Channel 4 schemes opened on the 18th of October. https://careers.channel4.com/4skills/production-training-scheme

BBC schemes for next year will be opening up very soon too. https://twitter.com/BBCGetIn/status/1451219032032563202
Original post by ph1998
I can confirm that interviews for the production apprentice scheme are currently underway or have already been completed. No info on the production trainee scheme because I don't know anybody who applied.

I was not selected for the production apprentice scheme but I know first hand that one of my friends did indeed interview for the Zoom assessment day for the UK scheme recently. She is waiting to hear whether she succeeded or not.

Channel 4 schemes opened on the 18th of October. https://careers.channel4.com/4skills/production-training-scheme

BBC schemes for next year will be opening up very soon too. https://twitter.com/BBCGetIn/status/1451219032032563202

Hmm interesting, where are you based? Did you hear directly that you weren’t selected or is that an assumption?
Sorry to hear that :frown:
Original post by mdnvmpr
Hmm interesting, where are you based? Did you hear directly that you weren’t selected or is that an assumption?
Sorry to hear that :frown:

London based for the London scheme. As was she. Since I haven't heard anything and the interview dates were already set, I think it's very safe to assume that I have not been accepted.

I'm now setting my sights on reapplying when applications reopen, hopefully for a more sensible September start in 2022 instead of the inconvenient January start in 2022. That will be infinitely easier to plan for. This could be a blessing in disguise, because at this point I'm halfway through my third year of media production at uni and will be finished by June 2022.
Original post by ph1998
London based for the London scheme. As was she. Since I haven't heard anything and the interview dates were already set, I think it's very safe to assume that I have not been accepted.

I'm now setting my sights on reapplying when applications reopen, hopefully for a more sensible September start in 2022 instead of the inconvenient January start in 2022. That will be infinitely easier to plan for. This could be a blessing in disguise, because at this point I'm halfway through my third year of media production at uni and will be finished by June 2022.

Ahhh man that sucks to hear, I applied for the same one! Thanks for updating. I agree, I’ve applied a few years in a row now but will probably end up applying again!

Since you’re London based, do hmu if you ever want to collab!! Always looking for people interesting in film/tv to do stuff with, and if they can’t take us I think we’ll have to fulfil some of that dream ourselves lmao
Hey! Yes @ph1998 is correct. They have spoken with potential apprentices but not yet trainees. Please be patient. It isn't that you haven't got it... everyone's in the same position- it is just a waiting game really. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending