Can I leave my degree apprenticeship but still do the degree?

Watch
Sarahdansty33
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I have been with my current employer for 3 years now. I’m getting offers for better pay and higher position elsewhere. Is it possible to still do degree with training provider or they won’t allow it? I don’t mind paying for it to get the degree, I am feeling depressed at current employer and don’t want to say there any longer and will go crazy if I stay for another 2 years to complete degree. Any advice? Thank you
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sarahdansty33)
Hi,

I have been with my current employer for 3 years now. I’m getting offers for better pay and higher position elsewhere. Is it possible to still do degree with training provider or they won’t allow it? I don’t mind paying for it to get the degree, I am feeling depressed at current employer and don’t want to say there any longer and will go crazy if I stay for another 2 years to complete degree. Any advice? Thank you
Unfortunately, you will have to ask your training provider to get a certain answer. However, if you take a look at the modules you haven't yet completed, you can see if they are modules that are work-based/you need the job to complete them. If this is not the case, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to complete the modules to get the degree.
Last edited by Hoc est Bellum; 2 weeks ago
Sarahdansty33
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hoc est Bellum)
Unfortunately, you will have to ask your training provider to get a certain answer. However, if you take a look at the modules you haven't yet completed, you can see if they are modules that are work-based/you need the job to complete them. If this is not the case, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to complete the modules to get the degree.
Thank you for your reply. I’m just a little nervous to ask the training provider as I don’t want them to tell my employer or know my plans as I don’t want to complete the “apprentice” side/end point assessment. How would you approach this? Thank you
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sarahdansty33)
Thank you for your reply. I’m just a little nervous to ask the training provider as I don’t want them to tell my employer or know my plans as I don’t want to complete the “apprentice” side/end point assessment. How would you approach this? Thank you
You could try anonymously messaging the department/training provider.

When was going to ask one of my teachers from my advanced apprenticeship for a reference for my degree apprenticeship, I was told that he would have to tell my employer because he has to act in the interests of my employer and not me. Luckily I had already told my manager that I was going.

So asking your tutor/teacher directly may be a bit risky.
Sarahdansty33
Rep:
?
Sad to hear that training provides act only for the best interest of the employer! I think I’ll send the anonymous email, probably the right approach. But the opportunities I’ve been getting is for experienced hire based on my level of experience not as an apprentice... Thank you for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed