Men who like cats are less likely to get a date.

Watch
FluffyAkitaBoy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/22/w...ess/index.html

Apparently?

why u judgemental ladies
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Umm no, I LOVE cats especially and just animals in general, and I find it attractive when guys love cats too
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've four cats so liking them is essential!

Perhaps they should have used more conventionally attractive men in their study.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CNN lol, need I even click the link? :lol:
Adam51
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Men who like cats are less likely to give a damn.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FluffyAkitaBoy)

Apparently?

why u judgemental ladies
This is a great example of it aint what you do or what you are, it's the way that you do it or present it.

This test measured the number of right swipes per 100 women.
Also the photos were taken with a different body angle. The photos without the cat displayed the broadness of the model's shoulders better.

Also, if you're a cat owner and would like to date someone that's into cats it may well be in your interests to get fewer swipes. Because you want your profile to appeal to your target audience. You want it to be somewhat polarising to give yourself a greater chance of actually motivating someone to meet you.

It's like the Parkinson (of Parkinson's Law) approach to job recruitment. Where you'd word your job advert such that only 1 person would apply for the job. And that person would be ideally suited, making the interview process easier.

On Tinder there's a big difference between getting a woman to swipe right on you and getting her to meet you.

Also if you're a cat owner you could simply have a cat-free profile. And let her find out that you have a cat organically. For example when she visits your place. Or if she brings up the subject of pets.

Like most things in marketing the best approach is to test it by, in this example, having 2 profiles and seeing which gives you the better overall results.

You could also do a similar experiment with cars. Test profiles where you are sitting in an open top Ferrari vs sitting in a beat up old Land Rover Defender. Where you would be testing not only the quantity of responses, but the quality too.
Stumpy1001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FluffyAkitaBoy)

Apparently?

why u judgemental ladies
Not surprised

you ever tired dating a cat ? I would imagine they cross- species differences makes dating unpalatable

😜
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
This is a great example of it aint what you do or what you are, it's the way that you do it or present it.

This test measured the number of right swipes per 100 women.
Also the photos were taken with a different body angle. The photos without the cat displayed the broadness of the model's shoulders better.

Also, if you're a cat owner and would like to date someone that's into cats it may well be in your interests to get fewer swipes. Because you want your profile to appeal to your target audience. You want it to be somewhat polarising to give yourself a greater chance of actually motivating someone to meet you.

It's like the Parkinson (of Parkinson's Law) approach to job recruitment. Where you'd word your job advert such that only 1 person would apply for the job. And that person would be ideally suited, making the interview process easier.

On Tinder there's a big difference between getting a woman to swipe right on you and getting her to meet you.

Also if you're a cat owner you could simply have a cat-free profile. And let her find out that you have a cat organically. For example when she visits your place. Or if she brings up the subject of pets.

Like most things in marketing the best approach is to test it by, in this example, having 2 profiles and seeing which gives you the better overall results.

You could also do a similar experiment with cars. Test profiles where you are sitting in an open top Ferrari vs sitting in a beat up old Land Rover Defender. Where you would be testing not only the quantity of responses, but the quality too.
Good points...

also I think by including a cat you're cutting off both 'tails' of the cat loving distribution.
women who hate cats aren't going to swipe a picture with a cat in it... but women who really love cats have probably already got a cat of their own and they're going to anticipate problems getting their cat to like your cat.
Kovalensky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adam51)
Men who like cats are less likely to give a damn.
This. If she doesn't like my cat, there's no reason to even talk. I've friends, my cat and my right hand if things get hard.

Pun intended.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, thinking about this a bit more. As a general guideline what's attractive are traits and features that would have been attractive thousands or millions of years ago. When we were hunter gatherers.

So that a man with one cat is unattractive.

A man herding a large herd of cats would be attractive.
issawrap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sure LOADS of women would disagree. I love cats and it's attractive when men are caring towards cats too.

Also - who the hell would believe anything CNN says. Probably the most bs'ing news network to ever exist.
Kovalensky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Also, thinking about this a bit more. As a general guideline what's attractive are traits and features that would have been attractive thousands or millions of years ago. When we were hunter gatherers.

So that a man with one cat is unattractive.

A man herding a large herd of cats would be attractive.
Honestly I think this is a very weird study as most studies of this kind tend to be.

I don't believe for a moment having a cat is a negative thing for most girls. Those who don't like cats, yeah but those are kinda rare. If the girl likes cats and men and ure a man with a cat, you're not at a disadvantage imo.
SilverJB
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Men who believe that CNN is a reliable and unbiased news source also find it more difficult to get dates.
mra1108
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never before I have been so offended by something I not entirely 100% agree with
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh yesss... :yep:
Dogs rule!
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd only not date him if he doesn't want me to share his cat!
IlikeDonerKebab
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you madddddd
I can’t believe dis
sufys12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
More people like dogs than cats, I guess.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, many girls will only date guys who prefer pet dogs or those who are open to having a canine pal.
Kovalensky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No, many girls will only date guys who prefer pet dogs or those who are open to having a canine pal.
by many she means herself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads