The Student Room Group

Piers Corbyn-Mayor of London Elections

Mayor of London & London Assembly Elections

Candidate: Piers Corbyn

Top 5 Policies:

1) End all lockdowns
2) Spend more on serious illnesses (cancer, diabetes, etc)
3) No vaccine passports ever
4) Defend Council Housing and end Homelessness
5) Stop Extension of ULEZ (Ultra Low Emission Zone)

I have watched many of his speeches as a scientist. I think he is a physicist by training and a graduate from Imperial College and Queen Mary University of London.

Wikipedia describes him as a businessman, activist, scientist and conspiracy theorist!!!

I regard him as highly intelligent and much more intelligent than many other figures who are given a lot of attention for nothing other than their mediocratic views and perceptions.

He has spoken against the Global Warming Paranoia and Hysteria as well as against the Covid Paranoia and Hysteria. I cannot help it but I have great sympathy for him and I happen to agree with many of his ideas in relation to the exaggerated claims promoted by the media and the politicalisation of science.

The question here is that do you agree with his major policies? If you were living in London would you vote for him?

There are other matters that he stands for such as free speech, independent media, science-based anti-pollution action, and others.

I am tagging some users who I have seen participating in related matters.

@PilgrimOfTruth
@nexttime
@Napp

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think he's a nutjob.

Haven't decided who I'll vote for in the elections.
Reply 2
@anime<3gaming

What is your thought in this one?

If you see one of Piers Corbyn Policies is no Covid Passports Ever!!
I couldn't agree more to be honest!!

Covid Passports are just a ridiculous and non applicable idea driven by the usual paranoia, misinformation and hysteria over Covid.
Reply 3
Original post by Sinnoh
I think he's a nutjob.

Why do you think he is a nutjob by the way? Any specific policies of his that you don't like or in general as he is portrayed as a conspiracy theorist? To be honest I don't know what are these Conspiracy Theories he supports.
Original post by Sinnoh
I think he's a nutjob.

I would not call him a nut job despite him having to cope with a brother who allegedly was historically a terrorist sympathiser.

I don't think he will get many votes at all. Those who want to end all Covid 19 restrictions will probably choose Laurence Fox.
Original post by Bushyasta
To be honest I don't know what are these Conspiracy Theories he supports.

Climate change denial is the big one, specifically that human activity is not driving climate change on earth, CO2 levels have no effect on it, and that the idea we are the key driver is a lie perpetuated by corrupt governments, scientists and corporations in order to allow oil companies to increase their profits. It's full blown shadowy cabal kinds of stuff, he was well into the nutjob tier of conspiracy theorist even before he started spouted batsh*t stuff about covid too, which he believes was simulated by the world's elite to bring about a worldwide population cull via poison in the vaccines.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Why do you think he is a nutjob by the way? Any specific policies of his that you don't like or in general as he is portrayed as a conspiracy theorist? To be honest I don't know what are these Conspiracy Theories he supports.

He's called the virus itself a hoax, he said that Bill Gates and George Soros were responsible for creating the coronavirus and that the vaccine is created to control women's fertility. It's one thing to say that there's been excessive hysteria about the coronavirus, but jesus christ that's a whole other level. That is hysteria and paranoia.

On the face of it some of the policies (or at least, manifesto bullet points) are attractive, but then again every candidate is pledging to solve knife crime or fix homelessness or restore the economy or whatever, so that doesn't set him apart. It's also quite easy to promise no more lockdowns when half the country is vaccinated. Not that it would be his call to make as mayor.
Reply 7
Are you sure that he is a climate change denier whatever this means. So in a sense he refuses to acknowledge that one of the factors of climate change is human activity. As obviously is not the only factor that contributes to climate change.
Reply 8
Original post by Sinnoh
He's called the virus itself a hoax, he said that Bill Gates and George Soros were responsible for creating the coronavirus and that the vaccine is created to control women's fertility. It's one thing to say that there's been excessive hysteria about the coronavirus, but jesus christ that's a whole other level. That is hysteria and paranoia.

On the face of it some of the policies (or at least, manifesto bullet points) are attractive, but then again every candidate is pledging to solve knife crime or fix homelessness or restore the economy or whatever, so that doesn't set him apart. It's also quite easy to promise no more lockdowns when half the country is vaccinated. Not that it would be his call to make as mayor.

Again are you sure that he said that the virus is a hoax? Or it is something else that is misinterpreted?
Are you sure that he is a climate change denier whatever this means. So in a sense he refuses to acknowledge that one of the factors of climate change is human activity. As obviously is not the only factor that contributes to climate change.

Yes, he is very explicit in his rejection of the idea that change to global climate is the result of anything beyond natural phenomena. To quote him, "The warming that we are told about is 100 per cent fake.”
Again are you sure that he said that the virus is a hoax? Or it is something else that is misinterpreted?

One fun quote from his now-suspended Twitter is
"THE CV PANDEMIC WAS SIMULATED OCT 2019 BY MEGA-RICH CONTROL FREAKS BILL GATES, GEORGE SOROS +CRONIES.
NOW IT'S FOR REAL.
THE AIM IS A WORLD POPULATION CULL ("PEOPLE cause #CO2 problem") by THEIR mass VACCINATION PLAN CONTAINING POISON."

(his capitalisation, not mine)
Reply 10
Seems like a nut job in my nook, doesnt help that his top 5 'policies' are completely disjointed and seem to serve no unified grand strategy (the hallmark of a relatively good policing for me) simply lobbing popular ideas around like sweeties certainly doesnt make him fit for office.

Pls, as others have noted, he's a conspirational minded lunatic who'd do better in an asylum than in City Hall.
Reply 11
Original post by Napp
Seems like a nut job in my nook, doesnt help that his top 5 'policies' are completely disjointed and seem to serve no unified grand strategy (the hallmark of a relatively good policing for me) simply lobbing popular ideas around like sweeties certainly doesnt make him fit for office.

Pls, as others have noted, he's a conspirational minded lunatic who'd do better in an asylum than in City Hall.

Haha!! I like your last paragraph. That he needs to be in an asylum rather than in City Hall.

But does this apply to many politicians who have been already ejected and serving or have served but they should have been better off in a mental institution rather than in politics. At least Piers Corbyn hasn't been elected and obviously he is not going to..
Reply 12
It strikes me how people find him paranoic and a conspiracy theorist although he is not a politician and very unlikely he will be elected with any party, but at the same time the above description does apply to current politicians..
The classic mad scientist, with political ambitions and lots of conspiracy theories as an added bonus.
I'd much rather vote for the insanity of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by londonmyst
The classic mad scientist, with political ambitions and lots of conspiracy theories as an added bonus.
I'd much rather vote for the insanity of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party. :biggrin:

He is bright though. At least he has the guts to express his conspiracy theories openly to the public. The current elected politicians or at least a good number of them they are so hypocritical and loonies!!
A funnier Joke candidate that count bumhead or the Liberal Democrats
Reply 16
Original post by Starship Trooper
A funnier Joke candidate that count bumhead or the Liberal Democrats

Would you not prefer him to everyone else?
Reply 17
Haha!! I like your last paragraph. That he needs to be in an asylum rather than in City Hall.

But does this apply to many politicians who have been already ejected and serving or have served but they should have been better off in a mental institution rather than in politics. At least Piers Corbyn hasn't been elected and obviously he is not going to..

Id sooner see half of them on the scaffold to be honest bt an asylum works as well i guess :lol:
Indeed, i mean the chances of this fringe pro protestor being elected are near enough zilch but itll be interesting to see if Londoners want to give a middle finger to the establishment.
Would you not prefer him to everyone else?

I'd prefer him to most.

I'd probably be more tempted to vote for Kurten, Fox, Gammons or that Rose guy though.
Reply 19
Come on! Piers Corbyn for Mayor of London!
Much more intelligent by all other candidates.
Doesn't matter about his conspiracy theories. All intelligent people once every while are engaged in them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending