Tik tok paranoia- HELP

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Okay can you guys help me out please ? I made a private tiktok account (with zero followers) recently about three months ago. I made embarrassing tiktoks that I think would have been safe in my drafts. But I heard of these allegations of the Chinese government saving tiktok drafts (the ones you haven’t even posted yet) and also other personal information. So when I heard this I deleted the app and reinstalled it again to make sure my drafts would be deleted and they were. I also checked to see if I posted any of my drafts and I didn’t. My profile was empty and now I am scared and nervous my drafts could of still leaked out, you know? I am only 16 and stressing so hard about this because I am muslim and took videos of myself in a bikini that I meant only for me to see and would delete later on. The thing I am most worried about is someone being logged into my account and me not knowing it and them viewing my drafts. I tried googling whether or not tiktok tells you if someone not from your region is logged in as a security measure but I could not find anything. What are the chances someone could have hacked into my account with zero followers and private? If I deleted my drafts what are the chances I accidentally posted my drafts? I saw an empty profile with no posts and drafts when I logged back in. I’m sorry I am asking too many stupid questions but I just can’t shake this feeling, you know? Tiktok is a big place so I am just worried. Please someone answer all the questions I have as best you can. I would really appreciate it❤️ Do they actually save drafts onto their database even if you don’t post it?
iamthicccccc1405
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm paranoid without tik tok lol

Ok, so being honest, I think the Chinese government spying thing is a load of crap, I don't think there is anything to worry about, they're gone and that's that, chances are no one hacked your account, hope you have a great rest of your day!
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don’t worry - if you deleted your account and when you made another one the drafts were gone, then they’re gone. There are billions (?) of TikTok accounts and hacking social media accounts takes effort. Nobody capable of doing that cares enough about you to hack your account.
Lxttie02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I understand where you are coming from and the paranoia or anxiety you have had from this but honestly please don't worry about it. It's probably a fake news article as they always go around. What ever videos were in your draft will stay in the draft section and no one will ever see it unless it is yourself. You said that you deleted your account didn't you, then that should mean that all your drafts of the videos you have made have been lost and deleted and their isn't a chance that anyone has seen them. Something you can do if you are worried about them is just delete the drafts that you have taken and they will be gone off your phone forever. You will know as well if you have posted your drafts it will show up on your account. Just take a deep breath and don't worry you are perfectly fine. create a new account and start fresh you know.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Don’t worry - if you deleted your account and when you made another one the drafts were gone, then they’re gone. There are billions (?) of TikTok accounts and hacking social media accounts takes effort. Nobody capable of doing that cares enough about you to hack your account.
I deleted the app s and downloaded it again with the smae account cause when you delete it the drafts go away since they ain’t saved and when you log into your account on another device they ain’t there.So it’s locally saved but idk if they’re uploaded to the servers, are they?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lxttie02)
I understand where you are coming from and the paranoia or anxiety you have had from this but honestly please don't worry about it. It's probably a fake news article as they always go around. What ever videos were in your draft will stay in the draft section and no one will ever see it unless it is yourself. You said that you deleted your account didn't you, then that should mean that all your drafts of the videos you have made have been lost and deleted and their isn't a chance that anyone has seen them. Something you can do if you are worried about them is just delete the drafts that you have taken and they will be gone off your phone forever. You will know as well if you have posted your drafts it will show up on your account. Just take a deep breath and don't worry you are perfectly fine. create a new account and start fresh you know.
I didn’t deleted the app not the account since when you delete the app the drafts are gone, so does that mean it’s not saved on tik toks servers?
Lxttie02
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I didn’t deleted the app not the account since when you delete the app the drafts are gone, so does that mean it’s not saved on tik toks servers?
your drafts wouldn't be saved on tik tok servers you will be fine
Cıllıan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Okay can you guys help me out please ? I made a private tiktok account (with zero followers) recently about three months ago. I made embarrassing tiktoks that I think would have been safe in my drafts. But I heard of these allegations of the Chinese government saving tiktok drafts (the ones you haven’t even posted yet) and also other personal information. So when I heard this I deleted the app and reinstalled it again to make sure my drafts would be deleted and they were. I also checked to see if I posted any of my drafts and I didn’t. My profile was empty and now I am scared and nervous my drafts could of still leaked out, you know? I am only 16 and stressing so hard about this because I am muslim and took videos of myself in a bikini that I meant only for me to see and would delete later on. The thing I am most worried about is someone being logged into my account and me not knowing it and them viewing my drafts. I tried googling whether or not tiktok tells you if someone not from your region is logged in as a security measure but I could not find anything. What are the chances someone could have hacked into my account with zero followers and private? If I deleted my drafts what are the chances I accidentally posted my drafts? I saw an empty profile with no posts and drafts when I logged back in. I’m sorry I am asking too many stupid questions but I just can’t shake this feeling, you know? Tiktok is a big place so I am just worried. Please someone answer all the questions I have as best you can. I would really appreciate it❤️ Do they actually save drafts onto their database even if you don’t post it?
Next time use a mirror rather than a device or app that's media could easily be stolen. Even if the video is private I'm sure the safeguarding team would have to review it first before allowing it to upload to their site, which is why you should be careful what you post onto the web.
I think you can ask them to remove all stuff stored in their database though.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by iamthicccccc1405)
I'm paranoid without tik tok lol

Ok, so being honest, I think the Chinese government spying thing is a load of crap, I don't think there is anything to worry about, they're gone and that's that, chances are no one hacked your account, hope you have a great rest of your day!
Well it isnt a whole load of crap they do download data and ****, however OP (Anon 1) they wont be downloaded drafts of videos as it would take too much. The only data they would be interested in is the personal data (Name DOB interests stuff like that and that is if they do). Also if you have deleted your account then I think videos (and drafts) get deleted. And even if you accidentally posted the photos (rare chance) when trying to delete them (I don't know how tiktok works, I am not on tiktok) but if you did delete the account, the videos will get deleted.
In all if you are confused with the reply. What I'm trying to say is that, no one will be able to see your videos. And the whole china taking data thing is not talking about videos saved and such. Noone would have hacked you don't worry
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cıllıan)
Next time use a mirror rather than a device or app that's media could easily be stolen. Even if the video is private I'm sure the safeguarding team would have to review it first before allowing it to upload to their site, which is why you should be careful what you post onto the web.
I think you can ask them to remove all stuff stored in their database though.
Yes for sure, the drafts only get stored locally and when you delete the app the drafts get deleted, would they be stored in a database or on it servers?
Cıllıan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes for sure, the drafts only get stored locally and when you delete the app the drafts get deleted, would they be stored in a database or on it servers?
I know Instagram definitely stores in a database because when you do a data request old messages and posts that were deleted will come up, not sure about Tiktok
Anonymous #1
Well it isnt a whole load of crap they do download data and ****, however OP (Anon 1) they wont be downloaded drafts of videos as it would take too much. The only data they would be interested in is the personal data (Name DOB interests stuff like that and that is if they do). Also if you have deleted your account then I think videos (and drafts) get deleted. And even if you accidentally posted the photos (rare chance) when trying to delete them (I don't know how tiktok works, I am not on tiktok) but if you did delete the account, the videos will get deleted.
In all if you are confused with the reply. What I'm trying to say is that, no one will be able to see your videos. And the whole china taking data thing is not talking about videos saved and such. Noone would have hacked you don't worry
I didn’t delete the account, but the app since drafts get lost when you delete the app since it’s saved locally, does that mean it got saved onto it’s servers/databse or not
2003a39
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Chinese or the US government, it doesn't matter. I wouldn't be so paranoid about it. I've done a lot of research on internet privacy and TikTok's issues. However, TikTok does collect a lot of data of a user, even more than Facebook.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2003a39)
Chinese or the US government, it doesn't matter. I wouldn't be so paranoid about it. I've done a lot of research on internet privacy and TikTok's issues. However, TikTok does collect a lot of data of a user, even more than Facebook.
Does that mean they stored my drafts even when they’re stored locally and they get deleted when you delete the app not the account?
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
With the government, it's not as if they'd care about it honestly. I don't understand why people think they'd save it. They don't have time to be looking at your videos in all honesty 😅
2003a39
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does that mean they stored my drafts even when they’re stored locally and they get deleted when you delete the app not the account?
Drafts are sent to the TikTok servers, which isn't local storage (that would be your hard drive or flash storage device). If you delete the app, your data stays as is. If you delete your account or delete your drafts, they'll be gone.
Anonymous #1
Drafts are sent to the TikTok servers, which isn't local storage (that would be your hard drive or flash storage device). If you delete the app, your data stays as is. If you delete your account or delete your drafts, they'll be gone.
I deleted the drafts since when you delete the app it goes along with it too.So dies that mean they aren’t saved onto the servers anymore then?
theycallmegigi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There is NOTHING WRONG about a girl recording herself in a bikini and feelin herself. That is competely normal, and probably built up your confidence, don't let these people tell you that it was dumb, because it wasn't, it's completely normal. It's also normal for you to wrry about where the videos go. With them being on your phone, with your account, I doubt that anyone will want to hack into your account and post them, and as long as you delete them and not post htem, you'll be fine. And girl, TAKE AS MANY BIKINI VIDEOS AS YOU WANT!
Anonymous #1
I deleted the drafts since when you delete the app it goes along with it too.So dies that mean they aren’t saved onto the servers anymore then?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I deleted the app s and downloaded it again with the smae account cause when you delete it the drafts go away since they ain’t saved and when you log into your account on another device they ain’t there.So it’s locally saved but idk if they’re uploaded to the servers, are they?
I doubt it. One way or another someone would have to hack your account to gain access to them and no one has any real incentive to do that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (96)
72.18%
No (37)
27.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise