The Student Room Group

Is it desperate to ask to go to a party?

My friends have been asking house parties every Friday and I see a few stories on Instagram with it but I was upset about them not inviting me. One of my other friends said that if I asked the guys who's running it he'll let me and told me most people ask. It looks fun, loads of people went and I want to go but I feel like I will just look desperate if I ask. I know they'll let me but I just dont want to look desperate for it. I feel like it isn't desperate because many people went but there's things in my head telling me that I am desperate if I did ask. Aghh I'm just kind of scared to ask.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My friends have been asking house parties every Friday and I see a few stories on Instagram with it but I was upset about them not inviting me. One of my other friends said that if I asked the guys who's running it he'll let me and told me most people ask. It looks fun, loads of people went and I want to go but I feel like I will just look desperate if I ask. I know they'll let me but I just dont want to look desperate for it. I feel like it isn't desperate because many people went but there's things in my head telling me that I am desperate if I did ask. Aghh I'm just kind of scared to ask.

Just say it very casually 'is it alright if I tag along with....' and see if your other friend who is invited will let you turn up with them
If they didn't invite you they probably didn't want you there otherwise they would've thought of inviting you. Harsh reality

Edit: Realised its not your friends party, yh you should ask if you can come with your other friends or get your friends to ask him
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
I reckon you are overthinking it a bit much, nobody will think anything less of you if you ask. They won't even think twice about it after you've asked them
Reply 4
Original post by AHKS
Just say it very casually 'is it alright if I tag along with....' and see if your other friend who is invited will let you turn up with them

Alright mate 👍🏼

Original post by Cıllıan
If they didn't invite you they probably didn't want you there otherwise they would've thought of inviting you. Harsh reality

My other friends said they didn't get asked either and most people had to ask the guy whose running it and they said yes once they asked though

Original post by rrig
I reckon you are overthinking it a bit much, nobody will think anything less of you if you ask. They won't even think twice about it after you've asked them

I'll just ask then
ugh I know the feeling! I think it’s okay to ask (casually, as the above commenter said :smile:) ) but just make sure you don’t guilt trip or pressure the person (ie don’t make them feel bad if they come up with an excuse). but don’t worry about it! it seems to be that some friend groups have more house parties than others, but it’s just preference :smile: good luck!! Xx
Reply 6

Hakuna Matata..
Reply 7

And the coronavirus rules still don't let people have house parties, so stay at home.
(edited 2 years ago)
Does it not bother you more that doing this kind of thing and completely ignoring Covid rules risks not only lives but also everyone being able to get their lives back to normal sooner rather than later?
(edited 2 years ago)
I'd talk about COVID but you've probably already made up your mind, so I'll just answer your question.

I wouldn't say it's desperate if you ask really casually.

Quick Reply

Latest