zip wire question

Watch this thread
HANGRY123
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How do I answer this 2 mark question:As the person moves down the zip wire, her increase in kinetic energy is less than her decrease in gravitational potential energy. Explain why.
user342
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Not sure but could be something to do with friction and energy lost as heat and/or sound
HANGRY123
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by user342)
Not sure but could be something to do with friction and energy lost as heat and/or sound
Ah it will do, thanks for the help
Mango287
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HANGRY123)
How do I answer this 2 mark question:As the person moves down the zip wire, her increase in kinetic energy is less than her decrease in gravitational potential energy. Explain why.
Work is done against the air resistance, causing thermal energy to transfer to the surroundings
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (38)
29.23%
Take a gap year (19)
14.62%
Resit my exams (34)
26.15%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.85%
I don't know yet (15)
11.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.62%

Watched Threads