kaorimiyazono
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm trying to decide whether I should put Bath (offer: AAB or ABB + A in the EPQ) or York (offer: AAA or AAB + B in the EPQ) down as my insurance choice. My firm is going to be King's and the offer is also an AAA. The thing is, I prefer the course at York but I'm hesitant about putting it down since it's the same offer and I'm not sure if I should rely on my EPQ to lower the offer. Should I just put York down anyway?
lol.yolo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What are you predicted for your EPQ? Does your KCL offer also lower a grade based on your EPQ or is it purely AAA, meaning if you miss a grade you'd need the EPQ B to get into your insurance
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lol.yolo)
What are you predicted for your EPQ? Does your KCL offer also lower a grade based on your EPQ or is it purely AAA, meaning if you miss a grade you'd need the EPQ B to get into your insurance
Thank you for replying. I didn't get told what my predicted is so I don't know. I've gotten really positive feedback though so I don't think I'd get lower than a B but still. My KCL offer is purely AAA so yeah I'd definitely need the B in the EPQ to get into York as my insurance.
lol.yolo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kaorimiyazono)
Thank you for replying. I didn't get told what my predicted is so I don't know. I've gotten really positive feedback though so I don't think I'd get lower than a B but still. My KCL offer is purely AAA so yeah I'd definitely need the B in the EPQ to get into York as my insurance.
see if you can speak to your EPQ supervisor about it. If you feel confident you can get at least a B in your EPQ and think you might only drop one grade in your other A levels then I'd say York seems to be where you would prefer to go. However, have a think about what would happen if you miss the A in two subjects, in which case Bath would still be there with an offer. If you have a careers advisor at school maybe discuss with them, as they typically deal with cloth of grade-related insurance offer queries. Thankfully I haven't had to base my uni decisions on entry requirements as I applied with my grades already.
Either way, Kings is your firm and the one you like the most so I hope you get the grades for your first choice!
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lol.yolo)
see if you can speak to your EPQ supervisor about it. If you feel confident you can get at least a B in your EPQ and think you might only drop one grade in your other A levels then I'd say York seems to be where you would prefer to go. However, have a think about what would happen if you miss the A in two subjects, in which case Bath would still be there with an offer. If you have a careers advisor at school maybe discuss with them, as they typically deal with cloth of grade-related insurance offer queries. Thankfully I haven't had to base my uni decisions on entry requirements as I applied with my grades already.
Either way, Kings is your firm and the one you like the most so I hope you get the grades for your first choice!
Thank you so much. I'll talk to my supervisor about the EPQ grade and see what they say. I'm just stressed because I don't want to assume that I won't get into King's, but I also want to make sure that I have a solid back up in case something happens like the government changing how grades are given or me screwing up an assessment or something. I do definitely prefer the course at York though so I'll see what my supervisor says and look into comparing the two unis a bit more to see if it's worth risking it or if I should just put down Bath. I know people at Bath who love it and I like the course there too, I just prefer the emphasis on Chemistry that they put in the first year and the optional modules for the later years at York.
Sorry for ranting slightly lol and thank you for your advice. It's made me feel a lot better and helped clear my thoughts up. Have a lovely day and good luck with everything
hiiiii1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I've firmed King's for Biomedical science! I'll see you there hopefully
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by hiiiii1)
I've firmed King's for Biomedical science! I'll see you there hopefully
Oh cool yay! I officially firmed King's and insuranced York on UCAS this week so yeah hopefully we'll see each other there. I'm really excited for it the course looks awesome. Good luck with everything
hiiiii1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by kaorimiyazono)
Oh cool yay! I officially firmed King's and insuranced York on UCAS this week so yeah hopefully we'll see each other there. I'm really excited for it the course looks awesome. Good luck with everything
You too! I ended up insuring Warwick.
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by hiiiii1)
You too! I ended up insuring Warwick.
Thanks. See you at King's though lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (45)
40.91%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
19.09%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.45%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
8.18%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (9)
8.18%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
7.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
10.91%

Watched Threads